20.

minho woke up the next day feeling refreshed and well rested. he changed out of his pyjamas then went to the kitchen to make some breakfast.

"hyunjin there's no milk! i'm going to the convenience store to get some!" he yelled as he left the apartment.

the weather was absolutely perfect, warm with a slight breeze. he felt his phone buzz as he walked into the store, minho opened it to see a message from jisung.

jisung: good morning

minho: morning to you too
minho: is it just me or today's going so well already

jisung: i get what u mean, today feels good
jisung: weathers perfect to have a picnic :)

minho: would love to but i'm teaching until late today, maybe next week

minho wasn't lying, today was one of his busiest days; he had two classes to teach and had to come up with some new choreography for the students to learn.

jisung: i'll drop by the studio later to see u is that okay?

minho: yup <3

he hit send, then a few moments later looked down at the message. fuck, what if he gets the wrong message?? he thought to himself. maybe he'll just ignore it..i've sent him hearts before right..yeah nothings gonna change just because i told him i had feelings for him.

~

"alright that was perfect, all of you line up and lix will give you some chocolates!" minho clapped for the kids.

"i thought you hated kids" minho turned around at the comment.

"jisung!" he smiled, "these kids are bearable" he sipped his water.

"someone has a soft spot for kids, i always knew you were just pretending" he teased him. "anyways i was thinking, since you're busy during the day, would you maybe wanna go on a late night drive?"

"that's a great idea, you're going to drive us though, there's no way i'm driving"

"yeah of course it was my idea obviously i'll drive" jisung laughed softly, "i'll pick you up at 9" he winked and left the studio.

minho stood there, his cheeks slightly rosy, trying to process the wink.

"what's wrong minho, you're going red" felix smirked and minho hit him, "no need to get violent!"

"oh shut up"

~

by the time it was 9pm, the sky was dark and it was raining, much different from how it was in the morning. minho didn't mind, he found the rain relaxing.

he pulled on a plain hoodie with a pair of jeans then took the elevator down to the lobby, where jisung was already waiting for him.

"ready?" he asked and minho nodded, "perfect" he walked the boy to his car.

"where exactly will we go?" minho asked.

"anywhere, we're just going to drive around aimlessly" jisung answered, "anywhere you wanna go?" the older boy shook his head, "then just enjoy the ride"

he started the car and the radio turned on too, though minho turned down the volume as he liked the sound of the rain hitting the top of the car.

~

"so mins on a date?" seungmin asked his boyfriend.

"yup, he insists it's not but it means we have at least two hours to do whatever we want without him interrupting us" he turned to face him, "i was thinking we cuddle up in bed and binge watch some shows"

"that's the best idea you've had all day" he leaned in and kissed hyunjin. "i love you so much"

hyunjin returned a kiss, "i love you too"

~

jisung had driven them through the city and into the more rural areas. minho was trying to figure out where the boy was taking him but was having difficulty doing so as it was very dark.

it had stopped raining now, which jisung was happy about as otherwise his plan would've failed.

around half an hour later jisung stopped the car. "we're here"

minho looked around in confusion, "we're in the middle of a field"

"exactly" he got out of the car and minho followed, jisung opened the back door of the car and pulled out a blanket.

he laid the blanket on the grass and sat on-top of it, gently tapping the empty space next to him, gesturing for minho to sit down too.

"ah perfect the sky is clear" he said, "i drove you all the way out here so we could watch the stars" he pointed up at the sky.

minho didn't say anything, instead he just held onto jisung's hand as he looked up at the stars.

~

longer and happier chapter bc why not