[07] Friends

[Chapter 07]

[Chapter 07]

"Hey,"

"Psst,"

"Jeongyeon?"

"YAH! YOO JEONGYEON-AH!"

Nayeon yelled at her best friend. They are at Jeongyeon's house right now, because just like what Nayeon promised her, that she will treat her a gallon of ice cream. She snapped her thoughts back.

"Are you even listening to me? Huh?" She added while her hands at her waist. "It looks like you are thinking about something."

"U-uh?" The only thing that she reply.

"Aish, what's wrong with you," Nayeon asked her again. "Is there something wrong?"

"Unnie, I'm fine," Jeongyeon replied. "I am just enjoying this vanilla ice cream. Like you know? You promised me this, so yah! I love it!"

The older looks like she is not convinced. "Don't worry, okay? I'm fine."

"Care to share it to me?" She added. "From the beginning, please."

Nayeon rolled her eyes, and sighed. She sit down once again. "Okay, just make sure that your attention — one hundred percent — are with me? Okay?"

Jeongyeon nod, happily. "Noted, Nayeon-ie!"

"Okay, so here it goes like this..." Nayeon inhaled and exhaled. "Remember I told you earlier that I won't be with you today? Because I have something to buy at the mall?"

The latter nodded. "Yes, how would I forget that, if it happened just a while a go?"

"I somehow felt guilty," Nayeon looked down. "I'm really sorry, because I wasn't able to be with you, going home."

Jeongyeon smiled genuinely, and tap her shoulders. "Aish, what's with the drama, unnie? Of course, I'm fine — safe and sound — so, you have nothing to worry about."

Yeah, I am old enough, and I am thankful (kinda), because I was able to spend time with Park Jimin.

Oops, sorry, unnie. Just kidding. It's really fine with me. You don't always have to think of me. You also have your own life. I don't need to depend my life on you. I don't need to stick always and butt on your business, because like what I have said, you also have your private life, you and Tae don't need to babysit me anymore, because I am old enough, and I can really handle myself I'm still here with you, and I love you because—

"Yah, Jeongyeon, are you okay?" Nayeon peered at her best friend and checked on her. She dramatically gasped. "A-are you, crying?"

Jeongyeon didn't noticed that her eyes become teary, she quickly looked away, and wiped it out. She didn't want her best friend to see her crying.

"N-no, I'm not crying unnie, hehe~" Jeongyeon awkwardly said, trying to lighten up the mood. She looked at the older girl, but she noticed something.

"Unnie... Are you crying?"