48

THE SERPENS CONSTELLATION

_____________

I woke up feeling my head dizzy and my sight blurry. I was sat on the floor, I could move my feet but the ropes, tightly tied around my wrists, stopped me from moving my hands. Once my eyes got used to the dark, I could notice I was in a practically empty and tiny room with no windows, just an old and dusty mattress in one of the corners.

"Hello, little one," A sarcastic voice spoke, breaking the silence and making me gasp as I tried to glue myself to the opposite wall. My breathing was erratic and my throat felt sore.

The tall man appeared in front of my very eyes, with an ironic smile and his hands in the pockets of his trousers. He was wearing one of his usual suits and his yellow eyes shined with wickedness and delight.

"You-" I whispered, waiting to spit in his face as he chuckled.

"Yes, me, Willow, let's not act like in the muggle films pretending it's all a dramatic surprise, alright?" Fluke interrupted me, rolling his eyes without erasing that arrogant smile on his face.

You didn't see it coming, his eyes seemed to shout at my face. And it was true, I didn't.

"What are you doing? Why am I here?" I couldn't help but burst immediately, glaring at him.

He shook his head, clicking his tongue. "Can't you guess it, Willow? I thought you were a smart girl."

I didn't reply, but he sat on his heels, looking at me straight in the eye.

"I am one of the Dark Lord's servers. I was one of the Death Eaters who escaped from your father," he said proudly, making me open my eyes widely and feel the cold hugging my bones. Oh, I was fucked up. "Your dad was who killed my wife shortly after my daughter was born. As revenge  because she was the Death Eater who killed your grandparents. Still, he left a little girl without her mother."

I gulped, the fear in my entire body.

"And you know what's the funniest part about all of this? Your dear father warned you about me," he snickered, with the evilness flooding his tone. "This last letter he sent you — I am the Serpens Constellation, dear."

"What?" I whispered, completely astonished.

"You thought I didn't know about the letters, didn't you? Professors have access to the students' mail and although none of the other professors understood your dad's letters, I did," Fluke pretended to think for a moment, "Tell me, Willow, which is one of the stars in the Serpens Constellation located in the tail?"

Then I realized. Fuck, how could I have been so stupid? I managed to do the correlation between Hydra Constellation being Voldemort because it was a snake, Slytherin, with a lot of heads, the Death Eaters, in its body, but I couldn't do just a simple correlation such as this? Disappointing.

"Alya," I replied, nodding and watching him smirk widely at my correct response. "The star in the tail."

"Point for the mudblood!" he burst, ironic as if he was actually congratulating me.

"Does she know? Does she know what her father is?"

"My little girl? Please, what kind of father do you think I am? Of course she doesn't know. She thinks I'm just someone who travels a lot and because of that reason, she had to live for many years with her grandma, until now, since I am a teacher in her school and she can be near me, her dad. Don't you understand it, Willow? I'm not the bad guy here. I'm doing this because I don't want your father to kill me and leave my daughter as an orphan, she's all I have and if I have to kidnap you and threaten you to keep your father away then, I'll do it. Let's see if the great Daelan Áine, the Star Hunter himself, dares to hurt me knowing I have his biggest treasure with me."