43

GEORGE'S BIRTHDAY

TW: sexual content

_____________

The morning of the 1st of April, I woke up earlier than anybody else to go straight to the Hall, receive the mail, and be able to focus on the twins' birthday, especially because I had everything ready to have a little picnic by the lake with Georgie and, maybe later, hang out together at the Tower. As I sat at the Gryffindor table, which was only occupied by some students from Year Five who were studying for their OWLs, I saw my little owl landing in front of me with two letters tied to her little leg.

I opened the first one, quite confused after recognising my mother's handwriting:

Wi;

I'm absolutely sorry to tell you this, but I know you'd like to know it. Your dad has escaped from home, he and his suitcase are completely gone. In case you are wondering, he only left a single note saying that he needed to go back to his hunt, nothing else. Because of this sudden and selfish decision of his, I have already taken the resolution that this situation can't be prolonged anymore. Once he is back, if he actually comes back, I'll be communicating to him the end of this marriage.

I'm sorry, Wi. I really did my best.

Loving you with all my heart and soul.

- Mum.

Bloody hell, what the fuck is going on?

I sighed, running my hand through my hair and trying to calm down. I had faith in dad realising how wrong he was doing things with mum but once again, he was showing to the two of us he only cared about that revenge of his, as if he hadn't murdered more than a dozen of Death Eaters by now.

Opening the other letter, I couldn't help but snort when I noticed it was precisely from him.

Aries Season.

My dearest girl, you probably know by now that I had to left our home to go back into the investigation and hunt of certain stars and constellations that are out of my radar. After digging myself into all my diaries and documents, I perceived the presence in them of a new star that I have never been able to recognise nor name before, and because of its importance inside of the night sky, I see myself forced to chase the little and few clues we have about it. To keep you safe, I'll only write to you again in case it's an emergency, otherwise, I'm terribly sorry but you won't know anything from me.

Never forget how much I love you;

- Daelan Á.

I leaned back in my seat, exhaling and forgetting my food right there on the table.

Great, so now there was a new person involved with the Death Eaters that not only was one of their most important and useful members but also had managed during all these months to hide from my father's radar and to not even reveal their identity. Fantastic.

I got no time to pity myself or feel stressed because the door opened, showing the two smiley twins.

Without any waiting, I ran towards them and dragged them both into a hug.

"Happy birthday, boys!" I kissed their cheeks, hearing the two of them giggling as they hugged me back. "How is it going so far? I've got some little gifts for you two."

"It's being great, honey," George smiled.

"Really?" Fred grinned, excited, at the same time.

I nodded, looking for Fred's gift in my bag.