16

PROVOKING

____________

Rabastan Lestrange was dead.

And Marlena's dad was incredibly angry at her Merlin knows why. The only kind of response we got was his brief and concise note;

Think well about what you are doing, Marlena Victoria Di Luca.

Damn it.

Lena had a bunch of emotions mixed in her face; frustration, annoyance and confusion.

"What the fuck is wrong with this man?" she spat.

"You haven't done anything," I said, quite confused.

"I haven't!" she confirmed, snorting and throwing herself back to her bed. "I swear to Godric he really gets on my nerves."

I tried to console her, but it didn't work. Whenever Lena was sad or angry, she closed in herself and overthought for hours and hours, without giving anyone any hint about what she was chewing into.

The next couple of days, I did my best to support her and try to listen to her, but once again, she kept it for herself.

"Excited for today's party?" said George, already on Friday, giving me a wide smile as we sat together at the stairs of the Astronomy Tower.

I sighed, "Yes, I still have to convince Lena to come, she's a bit downcast," I looked at him, trying to give him my best smile so he wouldn't worry, "Other than that, I only have to find what clothes I'm gonna wear and I'll be ready."

He clicked his tongue, giving me a little smirk.

"As if you weren't stunning no matter what you wear."

Hang on, what?

He closed his mouth, suddenly, as if he couldn't believe what he had just said.

"Thank you, Georgie. But I have to look more stunning than usual," I smiled, trying to play it down.

"Uhm, anyway, er - what are you gonna do if Lena doesn't want to come to the party?" he changed the topic.

"Probably go with Theo and help to get everything ready with the Slytherins."

"You're switching houses, aren't you?" he joked, tickling me, making me giggle.

"If I would, I'd be your favourite Slytherin," I winked at him, quite proud.

"Oh, you know me too well, Willowee."

After sharing a cigarette together, we finally stood up from the stairs, ready to leave back to the common room. As I entered my dorm, I found Angelina, Katie and Alicia leaving while Lena was still in her bed, playing with her nails.

"Lena, aren't you gonna get out of bed?," I asked her, sitting by her side.

"No," she replied, quite dry, but then she immediately seemed to regret her harsh tone, "I'm sorry, Willow. I mean no, I'm not feeling completely okay to go to any party."

I tightened my lips and caressed her back.

"Are you sure? Maybe it helps you to distract yourself a little bit."

"I'm sure, I'm not in the mood for anything right now," she whispered, to then give me a little smile that didn't reach her eyes. "But you should go! Have fun today!"

"Well, I'm not leaving you here alone," I said, honest.

I wasn't going to leave my dorm and have fun out there knowing that Marlena was consuming herself in her emotions.