7

REUNION

_____________

During the next couple of days, we tried by any means to stay tuned with every news that arrived. There wasn't a single soul in all Hogwarts that wanted the Death Eaters back — not even those who were related to them by blood.

Lena and I made sure to keep our letters hidden in our beds so no one could find them. Even though my father's code was incredibly safe and you had to be quite an expert in astronomy to decipher it, you can never be too careful. And to reward her for keeping our secret, I started to plan with Angelina how to figure out if Katie also liked women without making her uncomfortable and without outing Angie. 

The situation was, at least, bizarre. I was helping Angie, who not only was my friend but also George's crush — who happened to be my own crush and my best friend —, with her crush on her best friend.

Ugh, did that make sense?! Probably not.

But if someone could understand Angelina's feelings about wanting so badly to be with someone who is so close but at the same time so far from you, that was, sadly, me. She was surprised about my understanding of her emotions and I wanted to let it out but my feelings for George were so deep and hidden in my inside that putting them into words in front of someone who wasn't Theo nor Lena looked to me like an impossible mission. The only thought of it made me feel a strong and tight knot in my throat.

"Ready to see me tomorrow beating your friend's house at the field?" George teased me, sitting as usual in the window of the Tower. Just him and me.

A little grin appeared on my face. 

 "To be fair, mate, with this news we have been receiving, I don't think he would care about Quidditch."

George nodded, taking a bite of his apple, having me once again completely mesmerized by his god-like profile.

"Yeah, heard about it," he snorted, giving me a little punch in my arm, "Fuck, Willow, you are gonna make me feel bad for him."

Before you say anything, no, I didn't say a word to anyone about Theo's story nor his relationship with his dad, but it was publicly known that Nott Sr was a son of a bitch and that Theo disagreed with him in every possible way.

"I've told you thousands of times he's not half as bad as you and Marlena think he is. To be honest, the only reason you two dislike him is because of the prejudice against Slytherins." 

"I don't have a prejudice against Slytherins, Willow. I love Lilith and you know it!"

"Yeah, because she's amazing and your twin's girlfriend."

"A'right but, let's be real, I actually don't give a fuck about most of them. Most of the time I only mess with Nott because I wanna mess with you and because I don't like sharing you," he smiled at me, tearing down all my barriers and making me feel a warm wave flooding my body as I returned him the smile. 

The full moonlight was illuminating his face, making his pale and soft skin look like the marble of a statue, the moles and freckles stood out seeming like little constellations in a white sea, his brown eyes shined in the dark, as two dots full of light, kindness and mischief reflecting the starry night over us. His ginger hair contrasted with the dark blue, looking like fire as the soft and whistling wind slightly moved it, caressing him as I wish I could do.

George closed his eyes briefly facing the stunning view in front of us and breathing the fresh and lightly cold, night air, making me melt at the view of him.