61

IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU DON'T DIE

_____________

"Daelan," my mum was the first one to speak again. She huffed, trying to understand her own thoughts and the words she was about to say, "What are you doing here?"

Dad arched one of his eyebrows, looking at his feet kind of embarrassed.

"I came...to visit my daughter," he spoke in a soft and low murmur that almost made me think he hadn't said it, "And to pick some of the clothes I left here the last time."

My mum's eyes darkened and her expression became fiercer.

"It's been five months since the last time you were here."

Dad clicked his tongue, looking as if he was desperate.

"I know, love-"

"Don't call me 'love',"

Dad gulped, surprised.

"Alright...Nabia, we know each other for more than twenty years. I promise you I only want to talk with my little girl and see how I can help her."

My mum took a deep breath, considering her next actions. Finally, still glaring at my father, she step aside, silently telling him to get in, but before he could walk near me, mum put a hand on his chest, making him kind of stumble.

"If my daughter doesn't want to talk with you anymore, you get out of here. I'm not forcing Willow to spend time with the attempt of a father figure that hasn't worried about her recovery in two full fucking weeks," she muttered.

I opened my eyes widely, witnessing how my dad sorted his look from my mum's hands in his chest to her eyes and nodded, visibly uncomfortable and ashamed.

"Can we talk, Wi?" his stare focused on me, softening even more and tinted with a hint of sadness in his grey eyes.

I struggled to find my voice. I hadn't expected anytime soon to see my dad again, even less having any kind of conversation but, even if my feelings about him were still a confused stir of emotions, he was my dad and the affection I had for him, was still there.

"I guess so," 

I started guiding him to the living room — even though he obviously knew the way, — passing in front of the kitchen where the rest were eavesdropping. As soon as Theo saw my dad, he closed his mouth shut and withdrew himself, almost trying to hide behind Lena. 

I knew he felt nervous whenever my dad was around because of the clear and obvious despise he had for all the children coming from Death Eater families, and that, only made my blood boil and my skin feel cold.

I locked myself with him inside the living room, inhaled deeply while crossing my arms in front of my chest and turned around to face him.

"Well, you say, what do you want?"

He seemed to want to come closer to me but regret it at the last minute. I could see the debate going on in his eyes, asking himself where and how to start, whether touch Fluke's topic or not and silently questioning me if he could get closer.

He stayed in his place, though.

"I-," he stuttered, nervous, "I just want you to know that I did worry about how you were recovering after...what happened — it's just that I didn't know how to get near to you again, Wi. I swear to Merlin, I didn't stop thinking about you once, that's why I came. Because I want to apologise to you, baby. I need you to forgive me."

I could feel the knot in my throat tangling and tangling after each word of him, my hands trembled and the tears grouped in my eyes as I did my best effort to keep both looking and listening to him.

𝖳𝖮𝖴𝖢𝖧 𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖲𝖳𝖠𝖱𝖲 | 𝖦𝖤𝖮𝖱𝖦𝖤 𝖶𝖤𝖠𝖲𝖫𝖤𝖸जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें