63. A stifling topic

Start from the beginning

Ha! She could only dream of it.

"Good morning, your Majesty." You said with no enthusiasm, standing beside Athy.

Athy could sympathize with you. You were forced to greet him every morning just like her. She wasn't excited at the idea of seeing the Emperor first thing in the morning.

She looked at the said person and froze in her tracks.

....Huh?

Claude's eyes twitched, his expression changing in very subtle way as he stared at you.

Baffled, Athanasia managed to hold her jaw in place. She narrowed her big curious eyes between you two before fixing it on Claude. Did he show a reaction?!

No way. Her eyes must be deceiving her. But then again, he always behaved strangely when it came to you. At the same could be said for you too.

You always became more wary and cautious around him. And at the same Athy felt that you had something going for him.

Athy held her chin, deep in thought. Something's really fishy. Bad blood between you two, maybe?

"Felix." Claude said and Athy flinched snapping out of out detective trance.

Felix stepped forward to pick her since she was short and wouldn't be able to reach the chair herself when you interjected.

"It's okay. I got her." You said picking her up with great care, seating her on the chair.

"Thank you, (Y/n)!" Athy exclaimed. You smiled at her before standing beside Felix and quietly greeting him.

Phew! At least someone she knows came for morale support. Being alone with the potential villain was really scary. What if he snapped and snapped her delicate neck in two? She could always count you to have her back.

Athy turned to Claude with her best charming smile adorned on her adorable face. Her will unbreakable as she was determined to win over her apathetic father. "Good morning, Papa!"

As always Claude didn't respond only stared at her.

Athy kept her smile plastered on her face. For the sake of survival! She chanted again and again so she wouldn't give up because of the dry attitude of her indifferent father towards her.

"Yesterday Papa was in my dreams!" Athy started, filling the silence Claude always carried with himself.

"A dream..?"

Athy nodded excitedly. "Athy was with Papa and (Y/n) and Lily and Felix. We all went to the moon to pick up stars nad had lots of fun!"

"That's a weird dream."

Athy noticed the funny look you sent Claude's way and rolled your eyes.

"That's nice. Did you had fun?" You said, to make up for the dry remark of her father.

"Yes! Athy was so happy she got to play with Papa!" Athy beamed at her Father with ultra brightness.

"Aww, you didn't have fun with me Athy?" You asked in exaggerated pained voice.

"No, no, Athy had more fun with you but Papa rarely plays with me so Athy was really happy!"

You made slightly offended face when Claude smirked discreetly at you.

Sorry my favourite godmother but I gotta charm my villainous Father for the sake of my life.

Athy mentally apologized to you before she focused on the delicious cakes.

Claude as usual remained silent, not initiating a conversation.

Athy huffed mentally. What a crappy social etiquette. How come he was the emperor when he had zero social skills. Athy thought as she chewed on the delicious cake.