Chapter 33

Eros D'Amica's POV

"She's been in there for a while." I say to Theo who has now eaten all her chicken nuggets.

"Maybe she's taking a shit." He says shortly while typing on his phone. He's still not talking to me. Somehow in the 15 minutes he's known Seraphina he's decided that they're best friends.

I consider going into the bathroom for a brief moment but I decide against it. If I walk in on her having a shit, I know that she'll say I shit kink and I'll never hear the end of her incessant chatter.

I've been ignoring her for a the majority of today, simply because the sound of her voice makes me want to cut off my own ears.

Half an hour passes and she still hasn't left the bathroom.

Theo seems blissfully unaware that she's been in there for the past 45 minutes. I finally had enough and I go into the women's bathroom.

"Seraphina?" I call out from the doorway.

When I get no reply I know that's she's done a runner.

Storming back to Theo I tell him we're leaving.

"She's gone." I tell him as we walk out the door.

"Well you did set her free. There's no reason she has to stay with us." He says bluntly, not understanding the severity of the situation.

"She hasn't told us what she knows!" I snap at him we walk to where I thought I parked the car.

"Where's the car gone?" Theo asks me, as if the answer isn't obvious.

"She stole it Theo." I say flatly as I make a phone call.

"Gorga escaped."

"I want all units out looking."

"I want her alive."

"Send a car to this location."I order and I hang up.

I begin pacing to try and control some of my anger. She brings the worst side of me. I can't wait to put her behind bars again.

Just then my phone rings. I pick it up immediately.

"Have you found her?"  I speak into the phone.

"Found who?" A female voice speaks back.

"Caitlin! sorry I thought you were someone else." I explain to her.

"It's alright. Who are you looking for? Maybe I can help?" She offers with a sickly sweet tone.

I sigh.

"Seraphina Gorga."

"Oh. She escaped from prison?" She says startled.

"No, I released her under the guise that she would tell us where the princess is and then after she did, I would put her back." I explain to Caitlin.

Caitlin's my fiancé and we've been together for just over a year and a half. She's a sweet girl. I met her at my promotion dinner. She's one of the senior guards daughter and considers herself an assassin. I have no idea what her skills are like but she works in the tracking department of headquarters.

"Okay, I've got to go.I'll meet you at the office before dinner?" She asks

"Of course, bye."

"Bye babe."

She hangs up. I have dinner with her parents tonight to discuss wedding plans. It's a very important dinner because she's her father's only daughter and if he thinks I'm not good enough for her, he'll refuse to pay for the wedding- not that I need the money anyway. I've enough money to never  have to work a day in my life but that's not something that's well known. The main reason I'm going through with the wedding is because Caitlin's father is a well respected, senior member of the royal guard. If I get in good with him then I'll be a sure fire for a tenured position.

Theo stares at me with disgust.

"What?" I snap at him.

"Nothing." He says vaguely and goes back to staring at his phone.

A car comes and we get in and head back to the palace to see if she's been spotted. Palace is the headquarters for the royal guard and there's all sorts of high tech tracking devices and cameras that we have access to at headquarters.

I will find Seraphina.