Chapter 18

Eros D'Amica's POV

*knock, knock, knock*

"Housekeeping!" A male voice calls out.

What in the world? I wake up to knocking at my hotel door. I should be dead. Did I dream that?

I get up to answer the door, only to find Hans standing there.

"What the fuck have you been doing?" He seethes out and charges into my room. I look at my bedsheets and see the outline of sweat from where I was lying. I certainly didn't dream that. How am I alive?

"Well?" Hans asks demandingly.

"Red fire poisoning, sir." I tell him truthfully, I must have been out longer than I thought for him to be here.

"You expect me to believe that?"

"Sir, I tracked Seraphina Gorga to New York and have been watching her to see if she reveals the location of the crown, with no such luck, I joined her for dinner a few days ago to distract her while I had someone search her apartment, during dinner I ingested something with Red fire poison in it. Sir" I report to him.

"How are you alive then?" He ask sarcastically.

"She must have delivered an incorrect dosage, sir." I tell him, it's the only reason I could come up with as to why I'm still alive.

"And did you retrieve the Crown?"

"No sir."

"Well your efforts were for nothing, D'Amica." Hans say in a manner of factly tone. Way to dismiss my near death experience Hans!

"I don't suppose you know anything about the death of Jessica Walkers in a 'freak gas explosion'?" He says sarcastically.

"Yes, Jessica was the one searching the apartment. We formed a plan that she would be Gorga's roommate and befriend her in the hopes she would show her the crown."

I continue.

"I believe that Gorga saw through Walkers' facade and caused the explosion in retaliation." I confess. I didn't have a good relationship with Walkers but I do feel guilty for her death and promised to finish the job to her.

"Where is she now that her apartment is burnt to a cinder?"

"I don't know." I confess

"Well stop wasting time and fucking find her boy!" He shouts at me and storms out of the room.

I send an alert out to all airports to see if their security cameras picked her up, leaving New York. There's no way she would stay here after killing Jessica. I check the hospitals and police stations just incase she was injured or a suspect in the explosion but she wasn't there.

Then I get a response from the alert. She was spotted at a private airport 4 days ago. I call up the airport and send them a picture of her, asking if they had seen her. They said she boarded a plane to Vegas in a hurry.

I quickly packed up my bags and checked out of the hotel. Vegas. Sin City. That devil would fit right in. She's been on the run for 4months.

How long can she keep running from this?