Chapter 19

Seraphina's POV

Two days later.

I hate Vegas.

So every job I applied to wasn't interested. I lied on my fucking resume to make them interested and they still don't want me? My ego is certainly taking a bashing today. Even the strip club didn't want me because I 'didn't have the look they were going for' like what the fuck, calm your tits, you're not a fucking modelling agency.

Seeing as I couldn't get a job, I decided to try my hand at gambling. I have a great poker face, I just don't know how to play poker. Who let me gamble? I ended up loosing a lot of money and when I tried to win it back, I lost even more.

So I'm basically broke.

I'm still living in the shitty motel for $25 a night. Even that is starting to look expensive. I've sold the drugs I kept in my bag and I'm set of another while but I need to get money and get it soon before I sober up. Don't get me wrong- I'm not an addict or anything like my mum, I just really, really like the blow.

I remember one of Tanner's old contacts Davide, used to base his business in Vegas, using casinos to money launder. The Royal Casino, it was called, I can appreciate the irony of someone who stole the Crown Jewels, going to a casino called the Royal Casino, looking for some work. *sigh*

I find the address of the casino and get ready to go.

I didn't know what exactly I would be walking into, usually with money laundering there's always some sort of tie to the mafia whether it be a brother in law or uncle that runs the show and with mafia, there's always a risk of sex trafficking. There's never any 'innocent' mafia bosses, it's ugly to think about but it's true. It's 'good business' to sex traffic. I feel sick just thinking about it.

I change into a pair of black ripped jeans, with a red lace trimmed tank top and a black leather jacket I 'thrifted' yesterday (-I stole from someone's washing load at the laundromat.). I also got a pair of black combat boots, they were already worn so I don't have to worry about breaking them in. I tuck my gun into the waistband of my jeans and I slide 2 small throwing blades into my boots, shivering as the cool metal hits my skin. I tied my hair up into a ponytail and take out the hoop earrings I had been wearing, opting for a fake gold stud instead.

I have a few piercings, I have my cartilage, helix, and three in my earlobe aswell as my bellybutton and nipples. I got them a few years ago when I finally had a bit of money to spend on myself. I had a friend that owned a tattoo and piercing parlour that offered to do them for half the price and when it came to getting my nipples pierced she closed down the entire shop, knowing I have a bit of anxiety when it comes to my body.She offered to do my clit aswell but I opted not to, in fear some bastard would rip it out when I was having sex. How would I be able to masterbate then?

I grabbed my burner phone, currently being the only phone I have and shoved it in my back pocket as I walked out of my motel room and began to walk to the casino.

I was waiting for the lights to change so I could cross the road when I saw a black jeep drive past. I looked at the driver out of nosiness and low and behold who was the driver?

Eros D'Amica.

Laughing to myself as I crossed the road, I don't think he saw me.

I reach the casino and walk inside. I didn't think this through. Do I just ask random people for Davide? I have no clue. I don't even know what the man looks like.

I walk to the bar and take a seat. I turn around to look at the people in the bar, trying to spot something, anything, a sign from Jesus to point me in the right direction. Suddenly a tap on my shoulder makes me jump.