Chapter 29

Eros D'Amica's POV

"Hans." I call out to him.

He had agreed to meet with me. I've gotten nowhere in my attempts to find the princess and I'm now even more desperate than I was before. It's been 2 weeks since the princess was last seen and there's no new leads. 

I've came up with a plan, but it's extremely risky. I decided I need some input on my plan and Hans was the first person that came to mind.

"Make it quick." He says walking over to me.

"I've come up with a plan to find the princess." I state.

"Great. Then why are you standing here, wasting time?" He asks gruffly.

"It's risky and it involves Seraphina Gorga." I confess.

Hans' face pales at the mention of her name and his body tenses up.

"Gorga claims to know the whereabouts of the princess but won't disclose this information until she is set free..." I explain.

"Out of the question. There's no way she's going to be set free." He says firmly, I could see how uncomfortable he was at the thought of Seraphina being released after he nearly lost his job because of her.

"My plan is to set her free, get her to reveal the information quickly, drug her and bring her back to prison." I explain.

If drugging her worked the last time there's no reason it's wouldn't work again.

Hans looked thoughtful for a moment.

"Okay..." he say reluctantly.

"I want eyes on her 24/7. She's not to be left alone. She's your responsibility." He demands.

"I understand." I comply with his demands.

"If this blows up in your face, it's your reputation on the line and quite possibly your job." He says and walks away.

I can't believe I'm doing this. I was relying on Hans to talk me out of it or at least tell me why I shouldn't.

I'm releasing Seraphina Gorga. God help us all.