Chapter 28

Eros D'Amica's POV

*2 YEARS LATER *

I stand in a hall in the Palace as two of the guards drag in a suspect.

Princess Mia has been kidnapped, gone with out a trace and cctv footage caught this man walking outside her room, mere minutes before she's believed to have been taken. There was one other suspect Alessio Martinez who was found dead this morning so this suspect is our only lead so far.

After retrieving the crown Hans named me his right hand man and made me head of the Royal Guard, which meant that my new assignment was to find and rescue the princess.

My men drag the suspect up the the front of the room, where I was standing.

The suspect was a kid named Alex. He was forced onto his knees, his arms restrained behind his back.

"What do you know about the whereabouts of the princess?" I speak.

He keeps his head down, refusing to look up and speak due to the guards beating him up in the holding cells.

"Look at me!" I demand.

He looks up and shock and realisation crosses his bruised and bleeding face.

"What?" I bark at him, confused.

"You're the one that was after the crazy girl a while back." He continues, breathing heavy.

"What was her name? Sarah? Sera? Josephine?"

I stare at him and listen to his incessant rambling.

"SERAPHINA! That's it!" He says triumphantly before going into a coughing fit, fighting for his breath.

I freeze up at the mention of her name. It's been two years, I've moved on.

I punch him in the face. He had already been severely beaten up by the guards, he wouldn't last much longer.

"What are you on about boy?" I demand.

"Miss Gorga..." He straggles out, unable to breath due to his injuries. He had a couple of broken ribs and by my guess, he's got a punctured lung.

"Speak!" I demand of him.

His eyes roll to the back of his head and his body goes limp in the guards' arms that were holding him.

"Check his pulse." I order one of the guards.

He feels his neck and a solemn look crosses his face.

"Dead."

"Shit.Take him away." I order the guards.

I sigh as I walk over to Theo. He looks at me curiously.

"He said Seraphina Gorga." Theo states.

"Yea." I say, defeatedly.

"At least you got a name." He says referring to finding the princess.

"It's not a name I ever wanted to hear again." I confess.

Theo puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Get your hand off my shoulder Theo." I grumble.

"Sorry boss,"he says and holds his hands up.

"Arrange a trip to the prison, I want an interview with that bitch." I order Theo.

"You got it boss." He says and walks away to arrange a trip to the prison.

When I was made head of the Royal Guard I made Theo my 2nd in command. He's been a great friend and he's a more than capable soldier.

A few days later we arrive at the prison, the memories flood my head. I look over to Theo who looks like he's having the same experience.