Chapter 20

Malakai

Malakai

"You may not see us but we see you, we've been quiet for too long and allowed shit to slide for longer. We are WBB, a human rights rebellion that will continue to fight until we take back the planet that was ours, to begin with. Animals is what you are and animals is what you will be treated like.

It has come to our sources that you have a member of us in your royal clutches and if she is not released, healthy and unharmed there will be dire consequences. And we will burn a packhouse every week to prove it.

We are done with trying to share this world with you. We want it back. You wolves think you can take anything by wrapping yourselves in fur and walking on all fours but what you will understand is

We Bite Back"

The TV went dark and I was now staring at my reflection in its dark face. I felt my entire face contort as the glow of my eyes reflected off the TV'S surface. "You know the girl in the tv looked a lot like-

"Harlow, she looks a lot like Harlow" I finished, stating the obvious. They had similar features the most compelling difference was the bitterness in the eyes, the sick glint of madness in her electric green eyes. 

"So do we give her up?

I scoffed "I'm a wolf not a pussy" I cracked my knuckled and leaned back into my chair. "Maybe it's time we show this lesser species why we won this war in the first place."

Gods she was breathtaking.

I looked down at her as she stood inside her room, holding the door open. She was giving me a raised eyebrow, with one hand perched on her hip. "Ivory said a date starts at seven," She told me.

"Did she say anything else?" I asked vaguely still glancing subtly at how well the dress fit her. What colour is that? I'm buying everything in that colour from now on.

"Yeah, I remember her saying something about how you're supposed to keep your eyes on my face," She grumbled crossing her arms over her chest. But unfortunately, all that did was- I shook my head snapping out of it.

"Is it a crime to admire my beautiful mate?" I grinned cheekily. She rolled her eyes but let a small smile slip. "So are we going to have our date here or are you going to step out?"

"Okay gimme a second" She rushed back into her room, disappearing behind the door. I watched her hair bounce behind her, slightly disappointed that it was now pin-straight. She came back with a little clutch, the same shade as her dress and I looked at it in confusion.

I offered her my palm but she shook her head, instead holding onto my forearm. "Ivory said I should hold this part" She smiled, putting her bag on her shoulder.

"Did Ivory say you should carry that too?" I teased. She blushed a light pink and look down.

"Yes," She admitted "Truth be told I've never been to one of these, the bags empty see" She opened it and showed me its contents "But Ivory says its classy to bring one, in her own words, 'It makes you seem like you could pay for the food if you wanted too, but don't that's trashy'" She recited in a slightly different tone.

"Don't sweat it okay, I've never been on one of these either" I reassured her, ignoring her glance of disbelief "And I'll have you know I'll be honoured if you decide to grab the bill".

I hooked my arm into hers and pulled her closer, leaning down to whisper in her ear. "Relax okay? it's just me".

"I'll have a steak and spicy chicken wings with a side of baby back ribs and beans" I ordered, with a small smile. I observed as the human didn't meet my eyes and instead kept his eyes on his notepad, my nostrils flared as a trickle of sweat rolled down his forehead.

Humans...sticky little things.

He visibly relaxed when talking to my mate. But I guess she was just like that, she was very charismatic and easy to like. She had the type of aura that made you want to spill everything to her. Almost impossible to be mad at her as once she pulled out the billion-dollar smile she was forgiven.

"Forgive me for being so unprepared I've never done this before" She laughed softly. Scanning through the menu once more. "Do you have anything you'd recommend?" She asked.

The boy looked shocked but was eager to answer. "Oh yes, ma'am our specialities include the bacon caesar salad or the shrimp alfredo," He told her smoothly, a giddy smile on his face. I narrowed my eyes at him as I watched another man fall in love with my mate right in front of me.

"My friend told me to order a salad, said it'd not me a messy food and I wouldn't get my dress dirty" And now he was looking at her dress "But I don't think I'm going to listen to her on this one, I'll have the shrimp alfredo" 

He wrote it down quickly and looked back at her, fucking stars in his eyes. "Anything more I can do for you, ma'am?" He practically begged her to ask for more. She looked down at the drinks menu for a second, her little tongue poking out of the side of her mouth in concentration.

"Malakai do you think you can order drinks for me?" She asked, her attention back onto me, making me beam. "I don't have the slightest clue what anything on this menu is" She muttered, a humiliated blush on her cheeks.

Cute.

"We'll have a howler nuit," I ordered, trying my best to bite back the growl on my tongue. The boy didn't even face me and continued to face Harlow, a flash of annoyance going across his face at the sound of my voice.

"Are you okay with that Madam?" He asked her again. His eyes were large, waiting for approval.

She waved him off with a chuckle, putting a hand on her chest "No no, that'll be all and please call me Harlow" My eye twitched and the glass in my hand shattered.