Chapter 14

Harlow

Harlow

"How are you settling in?"

"Considering I'm staying here against my will, I'm doing pretty well thanks for asking," I said sarcastically.

Malakai sighed "You're not a hostage Harlow".

"Yeah you're right, even hostages would've been given breakfast by now" I rolled my eyes, trying to ignore the soft rumbling of my stomach. I was starving.

"We're actually headed for breakfast right now," He said in a matter of fact tone. 

"What a generous captor you are," I gushed. My feet were killing me, I was practically waddling in pain trying to keep up with Malakai. Unlike Hamek, Malakai walked four times faster than me as his long legs gave him the advantage of speed. "Can you slow down" I grumbled, not expecting him to hear me.

But I assume he did as he lessened his vigorous pace and began walking as a normal person would. "I apologise, I forgot the circumstances of my company" He teased, gesturing to my trapped feet.

"But when I bury this shoe in your ass I'll be the bad guy" I muttered, which he also heard. He threw his head back and laughed. A sound that sent a rush of emotions over me, darkening my cheeks.

I want to hear that sound every day of my life.

"I really appreciate your sense of humour love" He complimented. The more we walked, the more I struggled too. My toes were cramping and I was at least thirty percent sure my ankles were bleeding. "I could carry you?"

I chuckled "I'd scratch you".

"And you call us the animals"

"Difference between you and I is I wouldn't give you rabies".

He smirked "I have my shots, and If I were to sink my teeth into you" He tilted his head "I guarantee that it'd be a pleasurable experience for both parties".

I thought about what he said for a moment "Is that what you want?" He looked at me in confusion "To bite me, do you just want to bite me? Is that what this is about?" I asked. 

"Harlow what are you-

"I heard that werewolves bite their mates, is that what's going on here?" I furrowed my eyebrows "You want me here because you want to put your teeth in me?" He looked bewildered.

"Yes-No, no of course not that's not why you're here".

"Then why can't I leave?" I facepalmed "Well of course not for the obvious but it doesn't make sense that you're not torturing me in some prison or something".

"One, I would never lay a hand on you that wasn't for your pleasure or protected," He said quickly "And two, you're here because you're my soulmate, do you know what that means?"