Chapter 7

Harlow

Harlow

I'm on werewolf territory.

I was sure of that as soon as I woke up on sheets softer than any surface I'd ever touched in my life. My memories of what happened before my unconsciousness already came back to me but they didn't answer the question I'd been pondering for at least fifteen minutes now.

Why was I here?

The werewolf I'd met clearly took me. He'd seemed to be unaffected by the wolfsbane mist and even more so by my shapeshifting powers which was a case I'd never encountered before. A wolf immune to wolfsbane?

A person immune to my magic?

It had never happened before and I was slightly embarrassed that I allowed it to. I didn't fight back hard enough, I knew that. There was something about him that made me pull my attacks back as if I truly did not want to hurt him.

And clearly he didn't feel the same.

I had a painful migraine and I was sporting bump on my head and a bruise there the size of my fist to prove that. This is what I got for getting caught off guard for once. It's not like he was anything special.

Lie.

He was much taller than any werewolf or alpha I'd ever seen, yes but he was not much to look at. 

Lie.

Sure he muscular and had great skin with a pretty sharp jawline and was incredibly well dressed but that didn't mean shit.

Liar.

Maybe he had the best teeth I'd ever seen and the longest eyelashes that definitely did not deserve to belong to a man. Yes. But it was his eyes that stole the show, one was a dark mahogany brown and the other a dazzling light crystal blue that were just too pretty to be on a dog.

It was almost not fair.

All werewolves were significantly more attractive than all humans but that man completely won the gene lottery. If the was a picture next to perfection in the dictiona- I'm getting off track.

I need to get back to the matter at hand. I'm trapped on werewolf territory.

I swung my legs over the side of the bed and moved to stand up. Out from my lips escaped a groan of exhaustion as if I was whining in reflex for leaving those impossibly comfortable sheets. God, I have to remember to steal some before leaving I made a mental note.

Willow would kill to sleep in that bed.

Literally.

But what I didn't expect was for my door to bust open, incoming two adult werewolf men. They were both large in stature and equal look of worry plastered on their faces. Their eyes snapped to me and I nearly jumped out of my skin.