Chapter 13

Harlow

Harlow

I felt like I'd slept on a stack of hay.

I take back all the good I said about the castle's furniture. This bed was criminally uncomfortable, I'd never slept so terribly in my life. And that's saying something.

Just because they are animals doesn't mean they have to sleep like them.

I nearly jumped out of my skin when my door flew open and a woman stormed in with a look of panic across her face. When she caught sight of me sitting upright on my bed a look of relief flashed over her face.

"Oh thank goodness you're awake" She rushed over to me "I'm-

"Ivory" I cut in. Remembering her face from Leo's memories. But I'd have to say that he definitely didn't do her any justice as she was breath-taking in person.

"Yes, you met my mate yesterday" She gave me a friendly smile "I'm afraid we can't do any proper introductions as of now because we are currently running way behind time" She dragged me out of bed, forcing me to my feet.

She clapped her hands together and a line of women came into my room all holding different materials and measurement equipment. I stared in confusion as Ivory began giving them orders very quickly. "Ivory?"

"Yes, hun?" She answered briefly before directing the people once more. They all began to pull out stands and set up their equipment all around my room. She checked her wristwatch before cursing underneath her breath "Shit we're late".

"Late for what?"

I was ignored as the woman suddenly turned on me and grabbed me, dragging me to a podium stand. I stood on it awkwardly as they began to measure my every limb, their fingers not shying away from touching me. "We won't have time to get an outfit together today but that's not to worry I have some spare clothes she can wear" Ivory stated.

"Is anyone going to tell me what's going on?" I asked once again, now a lot more frustrated. Ivory waved me off as if what she was doing was normal.

"You'll be spending the day with the king hun, we're dressing you up" She explained. I raised an eyebrow.

"All of this" I gestured to the entire team of people that were taking down measurements at lightning speed "For Malakai?" My voice full of disbelief.

"Of course not," She chuckled "Don't be silly".

I let out a sigh of relief. "We're taking measurements for the clothing that will be made for you, for future instances similar to this one," She told me.

"Clothes? Made for me?" My jaw dropped. These people were mad. It was my second day here and I was getting a new wardrobe?

Not that I'm complaining.