Chapter 5

Malakai

Malakai

"You sent out trackers weeks ago, where are they?"

The Alpha trembled under my gaze "Well they were um compromised your majesty" He bowed his eyes to avoid eye contact with me.

"What do you mean by they were 'compromised', Daniels?" I was bullshiting him. I knew exactly what he meant, but a part of me didn't want it to be true.

"They sent out word when they found the human base" He cleared his throat. "That was two weeks ago sire," He told me solemnly. I breathed out through my nose. It was clear what he was trying to say.

The tracking team had been compromised.

"Titus, how's the production of medicine going?"

"It was going good my king, we had everything set up and packed ready to be shipped to the packs before this Saturday then.." He trailed off in a distant voice.

I pinched my eyes in frustration, here we go "Then what?" I was almost afraid to ask.

"Spies of the human rebellion snuck in and burnt our greenhouse of plants to the ground" He sounded almost as fed up as I was "Months and years worth of medicine turned to ashes"

I let out a sigh and turned to the final alpha in the room "River, you must have some good news for me right?" I was almost begging him to tell me something great that was happening in his pack.

Alpha River was famous for his well-treatment of humans. Raping and harsh punishment of humans was not allowed in his pack. Humans were known to flock to his territory like a moth to a flame, believing they'd live better lives there. 

However, the large number of humans he got in a month gave the Utopia Rivers Pack a massive overpopulation problem but it also meant he got things done three times faster than every other pack. With a bunch of willing humans at his fingertips who weren't being starved or beaten into submission, he ran the wealthiest pack around.

So here I was begging him to tell me things had been going right for him. Even hearing the birth of a pup would lighten my mood.

"Actually Alpha" He nibbled his bottom lip sheepishly "The humans have had a sudden change of heart, all the human mates have started to reject their werewolf counterparts at an alarming rate. My warriors are left weak as they fight the battle of rejection depression, we have-

"Stop" I raised my hand up. He immediately shut his mouth and pressed his lips together, his irises flashing a murderous red at my blatant disrespect. "Does anyone have anything positive to tell me? Hmm?" The table was miserably silent at my question.

"So you're telling me a group of three alphas who are running some of the strongest packs on the continents are getting their asses kicked by humans?" I growled. This made their heads hang lower, with their necks bared in submission. "Has anyone on this table come in contact with the leader of this rebellion."

Titus perked up and I let out a breath of relief "You better hope whatever comes out of your mouth is useful Titus" I warned making him visibly gulp.

"Well I haven't come into any contact with the leader personally but" He saw the look I was giving him and immediately looked away. "My warriors describe her with different descriptions"

I tilted my head "What do you mean?"

"Some say she had long blazing red hair and others say she had a bright blonde hair to her shoulders-

Great, she has time to go to get her hair done before she beats our asses.

"And this is helpful how?"

"No sire you don't understand, she is described to have changed her appearance before their very eyes, never looking the same as she did when they last saw her" He sounded as if he didn't even believe himself "Others say that as soon as they touched her skin she changed her face to...match that of their mates".

The whole table was silent for a moment as we all processed this newfound information. A chuckle came from the corner of the room. Daniels held a disbelieving grin on his face "What are you saying, Titus? That these warriors are mistaking the leader of the rebellion to be their mates?" He scoffed "What is she then? A witch?"

"Not a witch but maybe she is working with some sort of sorcery?" River suggested. This made Daniels laugh even harder.

"Why would a supernatural willingly help out a human?" He spat the word as if it were venom.

"Maybe they owed the human a favor-

"You'd know a lot about that wouldn't you River?" Daniels snickered cruelly.

I slammed my hands on the table "What is clear to us now is we know little to nothing about this leader and what her goals are. To take down the rebellion we first need to figure out who is running that shit show" I tilted my head "With that being said I want the leader of this rebellion captured, and be handed over to me for questioning".

"Forgive me your majesty but what are you doing about this pest problem?"

I turned my head slowly to face Daniels and narrowed my eyes at him "What did you just ask me?"

Lucky for the man's life the door burst open. In came a sweaty omega who looked like he'd just run a mile. "Alpha's, Your majesty" He greeted quickly with a sloppy bow "Alpha theirs been a rebellion attack at the human factory" He informed us quickly before rushing out.

This made a small smirk crack on my face "Great, this is the perfect time for you to prove yourselves worthy of the titles you boast about".