Chapter 11

Harlow

Harlow

"You're not getting shit out of me your majesty," I told him bluntly.

"Malakai" He spoke softly. I looked at him confused "Call me Malakai" He explained.

"Oh, no problem" I shot him a smile "I'm not telling you shit Malakai" I deadpanned. He tilted his head.

"Why would you think I brought you here because I want something from you?" he asked innocently.

"What other reason would you have to drag a human to your castle" I snarled "I should be at a prison in the pack I raided, not waking up in silk sheets".

He smiled "So you like the sheets?"

"Is that the only thing you got from what I said," My tone filled with disbelief. Someone clearing their throat snapped us out of our argument.

"So you're the leader of the WBB?" His beta asked.

I rolled my eyes "No fucking shit".

"The leader of the WBB is your mate" He gasped looking at Malakai before leaning back into his seat "Wow I didn't see that coming"

The king gritted his teeth in annoyance as I processed what I just heard "I'm your mate!?"

"Thank you so much Leo for ruining the surprise" He muttered sarcastically under his breath "But to answer your question love, yes, you are indeed my soulmate".

"Is that why-

"You're in my castle? yes".

"And why I'm not-

"In my dungeons currently? Also yes"

His nonchalant behaviour only ignited my confusion "But this makes no sense, males who have just found their mates are supposed to be out of control and vicious" Before he could say something I stopped him again "And don't say they're not I've seen it with my own two eyes".

"Well, I apologise that you've only been exposed to the subjects in my kingdom that hold no self-respect and I assure you, the wolves in this area are much more sophisticated and disciplined" He assured me smoothly.

I crossed my arms " I doubt it" I answered. "But anyways this still will not work".

"Why not?"

"I want to kill you" I pointed out "And him" I pointed at Leo "And everything else on this continent that has a tail and fur" I admitted.

"The least of my worries is that you'll go on a murder rampage love, my wolves can protect themselves just fine" He countered with such pride in his voice that it made me want to cringe.

"How did I manage to escape then?" I quipped with a slight smirk. He narrowed his eyes at me before shaking his head in amusement.

"Using your remarkable magic on them doesn't count, but don't fret I will soon teach them how to see through your impressive deception"

I scowled "I'm not attracted to you slightly so a relationship could never blossom" I lied.

He stared at me for a few seconds then smiled again "I'll pretend I believe that".

"I already have a lover!" I jumped, finally finding something solid.

His once calm posture cracked as bright gold lit up his irises for a split second. Sharp canines protruded from his plump lips and his nails elongated before digging into the wood of his desk. I don't think he found what I said funny at all.

"Oh really?" He grumbled, in a deeper tone he was previously talking in. There was a slight dare in his voice that made me question if maybe I shouldn't have brought that up.

"Y-yeah," I told him. "You met him when you met me".

The tension in the room suddenly faded and he seemed to have gotten back to his earlier mood. His teeth no longer pointed out of his mouth and his claws retracted. He opened his eyes and the gold was now gone, replaced by the soft brown and calming blue,

"Oh you mean the punk that left you" He chuckled darkly "Not much to compete with then," He said more to himself. I felt slightly offended by his confidence that my relationship truly meant nothing. "It pitiful that you even compared what we have to what you had with him". 

"What do you mean by that" I glared at him.

"Don't stress your little head about it, you'll understand soon" He waved off "I have much work to do at the moment so Leo will be escorting you to your new room".

This caught my attention "New room? Why do I need a new room?" My thoughts drifted as I thought of the guard I had left lying in the middle of my bathroom floor.

That's probably why.

"So I can keep a better eye on you, can't have you trading faces and running out of my castle can I?" He joked "Don't worry, my rooms just across yours if you need me for absolutely anything" He told me.

"Yay," I grimaced.

"I'm glad you're enthusiastic" He turned to Leo "Keep a close eye on her, don't leave until the door is closed and don't and I mean don't touch her" I thought he was just being a possessive Alpha male but his tone told me he was also warning Leo.

I stared at the king for a few seconds and it was only when he made eye contact with me that I understood. He fucking knows.

"Okay your majesty, let's go" Leo got to his feet and extended an arm to let me up.

"Don't touch her" Malakai growled. Not that one was just possesive.

"Okayyyy," Leo said putting two of his hands in the air to show he wasn't going to touch me. I stood up on my own and shot a side-eye to the king whose eyes were already on me.

"I hope you enjoy your stay here, I'll give you a tour tomorrow of your new home tomorrow".

I hate how he called it that.

"No... I think I'm fine," I told him a fake smile.

"It's endearing that you think I'm asking" He grinned "Try not to cause any trouble whilst you're not at my side, I'd hate to have to hunt you down again."