Chapter 6

Harlow

Harlow

"Harley we have to go, get down from there" Lameck joked, but there was a tone of fear behind it.

"Relax, I'm almost done" I finished off the edge of the B "Go to the trucks I'll meet you there," I told him. It was less of a command and more of an option that he decided not to take.

"You know I'd never leave without you" He sighed, sounding upset about it.

"That mentality will get you killed one day" I chuckled leaning forward a bit to finish my masterpiece. "I'm almost done anyway and it doesn't sound like any wolves are approaching".

Just like in the plan I'd stayed back to do some artwork on the walls. I was spray painting 'WBB' onto the walls of the factory. I had Flo create a design for our slogan and I'd decided that it was time we started being more vocal about our movement name.

"I'd hope not, I'm completely out of wolfsbane" 

I turned back to give him my raised eyebrow "How? you were provided with so many vials of the stuff" He shrugged sheepishly.

"A bunch of wolves were being a bit stubborn, had to show em who's boss" 

I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, I lied" I pointed my spray can at him "That mentality will get you killed". He shot me a mischievous smirk.

Next thing I knew an empty can of spray paint was flying towards my head. Instinctively  I reached out to catch it but that resulted in me losing balance. I was hanging on a beam attached to ropes and my hands were the only thing keeping me upright.

"Fuck" I cursed as I rushed to grab the rope but too was too late.  I flipped upside down, my leg catching on the rope, causing me to hang in the air, head facing down. "I'm gonna kill you when I get down from here" I promised.

He walked up to me and now we were at eye level. "Sure you will" He teased before capturing my lips in a kiss. I smiled into it enjoying the moment until the sound of the door bursting open broke us apart.

"Humans!"

I immediately brought out my pocket knife to slash the rope around my ankle. I went tumbling to the floor but I quickly recovered by rolling back to access the situation. Three adult wolves had joined us and didn't look happy at all.

They were all tall and had a red ring around their irises that told me all I needed to know. These were alphas.

"Lameck get behind me" I ordered which for once he abided by. I took one of the wolfsbane bombs I had attached to my belt out and removed the pin on top with my teeth. I lifted the glass vial up in the air as high as I could.

"Grab them!" The wolves growled lunging at us.

But it was too late, I smashed the bomb onto the floor. Almost immediately the room was engulfed in a blue mist that had the alphas screaming in agony. I grabbed Lamecks hand and whispered, "Let's get out of here".

He nodded in agreement and we began to make our way to the exit. We were close to the doors when I suddenly felt some eyes on me which made me look back.

Bright golden eyes met mine.

Malakai

Stupid pups couldn't do anything right.

I ignored the weak alphas as they ran to escape the wolfsbane smoke. I was ultimately immune to it which made it much easier to manoeuvre through it. I followed the human's scent which was slightly difficult due to the poison messing with my nose.

But that didn't stop me from noticing the powerful scent that filled my nose.

Mate.

I felt my wolf take over as I stopped following my vision and relied on instinct. My eyes suddenly connected to dark brown eyes. A feral growl left my lips as I advanced to the girl quickly. She brought out a small knife towards me threateningly and her lips curled upwards distastefully.

"Lameck go!" I turned to see who she was referring to only to find a man standing behind her, looking as if he was about to shit himself. The man didn't hesitate to turn on his heel and bolt for the exit leaving my female high and dry.

Humans..not the most loyal of creatures.

My mate on the other hand stayed to fight. She went to stab me but I sidestepped her making her stumble forward. I grabbed her wrist before holding her arm above her head. My other hand went up to the blade she was holding and whilst holding eye contact I snapped the metal in two between my fingers.

Her eyebrows shot up as fear flashed over her eyes quickly. I tried to ignore the sparks that were bursting from where our skin met but I couldn't ignore the warmth I felt seeing her for the first time right in front of me.

My mate.

She had a light brown skin tone with an upturned nose and a bush of curls on her head that were tied back loosely into a ponytail. She was absolutely gorgeous and everything I'd hoped for in a mate...until she wasn't.

Her skin tone suddenly darkened and her hair sprung free from its ponytail, curling into a blonde afro lighter than her original light brown. The brown in her eyes glazing over to a light cerulean. Her features morphed before my very eyes and I stared in horror as soon her face and body were almost identical to that of my mothers.

But one thing never changed. The fire in her eyes.

That made me snap out of my shock of seeing my mate change into my mother. My mother never had a harsh look on her face, she had always been soft-spoken and an empathetic person who walked around with bright smiles and eyes filled with glee.

So other than the fact I could still feel the soulmate sparks I was one hundred percent certain that this-it- was just an illusion. A trick to throw me off.

I gritted my teeth "Witch" I cursed. It was rather strange to see my mothers face fill with fear as she stared up at me but I reminded myself that, this wasn't real. The woman used her other hand to pull out another weapon that I blocked again by taking her other wrist in my palm.

I glared down at her "Do I look like a fool to you?" I growled, my canines bursting from my gums. The woman still wearing my mothers face smirked at me cockily.

"Do you really want me to answer that?"

A snarl left my lips as I tilted my head back before smashing it into her skull, headbutting her and effectively knocking her out. As she lost consciousness her illusion began to fade back into her own skin as her features changed to look like my mate once again. I collected her into my arms and stared at her face intently.

So this is the face of our Rebellion Leader.

A/N

I hate this chapter with all my heart but I hope you guys like it😭.