Chapter 19

Harlow

Harlow

"I've never been on one of those"

"Ever?"

I nodded my head "Ever".

Ivory narrowed her eyes at me "I thought I heard Leo mention you were in a relationship".

I shrugged "There weren't many five star restaurants in our refugee camp I guess".

"So you're being serious? You've never been on a date before?"

"Nope" I replied popping the P. "Should I be worried?"

"No, it'll be a great...um...learning experience for sure!" She told me wincing slightly. "How exactly did he ask you again?".

"I'd just finished coming out of Ale's room and we shared a few words before he told me that he'd be taking me out tonight and I should wear something 'nice'" I air quoted. 

"Did he tell you where he's taking you?"

"No".

"Any clues on what you should wear?" I shook my head "Well shit this is going to be a surprise surprise."

"Well, I love surprises?" I tried lightening up the situation.

"That's good...optimism is key in the face of the unknown" She didn't seem to believe her own words as she began to walk backwards in the direction of my closet. "Lucky for you your clothes arrived yesterday."

I frowned "Didn't we order them yesterday?".

"Yes and they only came at six in the evening, can you imagine!" She shook her head in disappointment.

Yeah, I wish I could imagine.

There was a sudden frantic knock on my door that had me and Ivory share a look of confusion. She walked to the door and opened it only for Andro to bust in, heading straight for my bed. He jumped up in a burst of curls and landed on my bed.

"Good morning to you too Andro" I chuckled as his head looked up for a second before hiding back in my sea of blankets.

"Mornin Harley," He said in a muffled tone. "Your beds not comfortable" He whined rolling off of it.

"Maybe it would have been if you didn't jump face-first into it" Ivory sung, before closing the door and disappearing into my walk-in closet.

Andro stuck his tongue at her behind her back before looking at me. I raised an eyebrow at him "Don't you have lessons now?"

He looked away from my eyes and hid his head in my duvet "Yeah but I missed you so decided to come here"

I narrowed my eyes at him and grabbed him, thrusting him into my arms. He began to giggle as my fingers found his sides "Lies why are you really here" I tickled him viscously.