Chapter 3

Willow

Willow

I walked into my sister's office, not bothering to knock. Catching her attention.

"Um, Arlo can I have a word?"

"Sure, let me just-

I watched as she struggled to tighten the straps around her thighs. She let out little grunts of frustration as I bit back a chuckle. "I'm sorry It's just not-" She finally locked in the last strap and began to pant in exhaustion "You think I'm getting fat?"

I snort "Oh definitely" She rolled her eyes and I smirked at her "It's nothing you can't fix anyway".

"Is there a reason why you're speaking to me right now or do you just enjoy my suffering?" She huffed.

"Both" I snickered "But anyways I just wanted to speak to you about the mission". A flash of worry went across her face.

"Shit did something go wrong?" She began to look at her watch "Did we miscalculate the bus departure?" Her paranoia was almost cute.

"No, everything is going great" I walked past her to look out a window we were nearby "I just think you shouldn't come with us on this one" I murmured. I closed my eyes to avoid seeing the hurt on her face.

"W-why?" She whimpered.

I nearly groaned at the tone of her voice. She sounded on the verge of tears, it was slightly pathetic. But then again she's always been quite emotional. "No Arlo it's not like that".

"Then how is it like? Why on earth would you ask me not to come?" She grabbed my shoulder "Aye don't bullshit me, Willow, what the fuck did I do?"

"Nothing!" I swept her hand off my shoulder "I worded it wrong, I don't think you should come with us on this one because you have a bigger one tomorrow" I explained. Her face visibly softened and her stance changed to a less defensive one.

"Gosh, I thought you were turning on me or something" She went to twirl one of my locks around her finger "But my little sister is just worried about me" She cooed mockingly.

"I'm not worried about shit but the mission" I grumbled.

"Sure, you big baby" She snorted "I still don't understand why I can't come to this one though" She jumped up to sit on the windowsill.

"Look" I took a deep breath "The mission tomorrow's bigger than this one, last thing I need is you fucking it up because you can barely keep your eyes open" I laughed.

Please buy it.

She tilted her head at me "Okay you have a good point there" She shoved me lightly with her elbow "Okay you sneaky little shit, I'll stick this one out, you owe me big time though."

I rolled my eyes jokingly "Yeah yeah, we'll see when you wake up tomorrow with a good nights rest" She jumped off the railings and dragged my head closer so she could peck the top of it.