At least, this would give him a small hint of my methods, to a certain point.

"Personally, I hoped that they'd cut their ties as fast as possible if only it could've been managed."

"I believe, that will be hard, Your Majesty. Amongst all of His Highness' friends, lady Natasha was the most befitting one to perform the role, resulting His Highness treat her more special than the others."

"Which is why, I chose a person of your description to fulfill the job, didn't I?"

True, he might've picked the right decision in that aspect. But their bond wasn't just as simple as friendship, and it was something rather complex. For there would generate, sparks of love within their long relationship in a matter of time.

And that was absolute, since it was proven with certainty from what I've seen in visual, in the previous timeline.

Unless there was a major interruption that could stop that from happening, it would advance the same way as the future that I saw, without a doubt.

Truth to be told, there still remained the issue whereas I still had the inner desire to prevent this from progressing identically to before. And I wasn't so sure if I could really be capable of stopping myself when the time comes that I became so foolish do such stupid things again in actuality, even in the second chance that was given to make me relive a better life.

I'd hate myself worse if that were to occur.

Therefore, I concluded just how troubling it was to be sandwiched by two, contradicting assertions.

"Of all people, Your Majesty should've known it best that there's no guarantee whether or not we'd hit it off well. Not to mention, from the point that my cover as an average playmate got blown to His Highness' perspective, sure enough he'd no longer let his guard down when I'm around for the least."

"It pleases me to know that he finally learned how to be cautious of others. Still, it is extremely unfortunate that he considers a pest an exception, regardless of this improvement."

The emperor sighed over this ironical matter of truth, meanwhile I contemplated whether he really said those words without much thought or not. I was conflicted of the possibility that this was a bait, to the point that a cold sweat fell down the side of my face.

However, if it was one, what would be his intention by giving me the free hints which mixed itself into his phrase? The fact that it was unpredictable could scare me enough.

It was the safest action to overestimate the person. After all, he was no other than the very Emperor, who was rumored to be an individual with an eminently cunning temperament.

Just now, he precisely dragged the means of trust between a man and another, in his statement. And to include Natasha to the matter could only indicate that the emperor harbored suspicions toward the lady, or perhaps, the whole Yreles Dukedom, itself.

If that were to be the case, then it'd be as convincing as to why he was determined to erase Noah and Natasha's connection. But the moment it gets proven correct, wouldn't that imply that the lady and her family were a force close enough to be regarded-

As a part of those that opposed the Imperial bloodline...?

I felt the chills down by my spine as soon as those suspicions arose within my mind. I couldn't determine if it was really the right choice for me to have perceived the hints in the emperor's statement.

It was as if I was about to dig into something that I wasn't supposed to be prying onto. And now, my thoughts were slowly beginning to fog up, all thanks to this unknown twists of events.

Right. In the first place, I should've doubted as much from the start.

Natasha was the type of person described to be one without flaws, among the stories of most of the aristocrats. But if I were to think about her record more carefully, I'd say, it's pure white. Too neat, to the point that I'd see it rather skeptical.

Therefore, the theory that she and her family could be one of the Asquith Empire's enemies, definitely bore a high possibility of being positive.

"You seem to be lost in thought."

I flinched and was grateful for the words that brought me back to reality, from that deep pondering.

"I apologize, Your Majesty. It could be that I still haven't fully recovered from the fever that I caught last time.", I've made up excuses matched with my good acting skills, concealing the conviction that occurred to me in the meantime of our discussion.

The emperor went silent for a few seconds while staring at my expression, as though he had the intent of figuring out something from my face. But then, he withdrew from the attempt and kept up the necessary communication between the two of us, instead.

"At any rate, I see that you've summarized that it will take a long time for you to accomplish this task, as per my orders. Can the lady specifically estimate how far in the future will it actually happen?"

"If things get a lot more unfortunate than the current progress, I must say that this wouldn't just end in a year or two.", I sighed.

"Now, that will be an unfavorable situation to me. This majesty doesn't like being put up in a disadvantageous placement."

Disadvantageous placement, huh...

While there were different kinds of risks or examples that I came up with from those two words, a great opinion approached to my favor, making me speak it up to the ruler that sat on his seat before my eyes.

"I don't know much about Your Majesty's circumstances, and this might be too unruly for me to say, but..."

"Rather than waiting for so many years to pass in order to make this plan succeed, wouldn't it be much preferable for Your Majesty to carefully explain your reasons regarding this matter to His Highness, to give him a better understanding of the state of affairs?", I suggested and finished my point before I could thoroughly shut my mouth.

"That way, it'll take less time for this issue to meet its conclusion. And then, His Highness wouldn't just completely disregard what Your Majesty told him, in case he refuses to believe whatever it was about."

After I was done uttering my recommendation for the sake of a far prudent and productive process of accomplishing the task, I slowly shifted my gaze onto the emperor's profile to confirm how he would react to my impudence just now, but...

I never predicted that I would be able to capture a rare sight of his demeanor instead.

His eyes went wide open as he looked at my direction with a blank face of a kind. Thereafter, his lips softly whispered along the atmosphere.

"It was that simple... and yet why didn't I...?"

Even though he murmured that sentence in a low volume, the fault lied on my fortune that I grasped that phrase as clear as day.

It was a very mystifying discovery to be observed. The emperor, who excelled in a lot of subjects and claimed the crown due to his notable intelligence, surprisingly had it hard in his own way.

Perhaps, the problem just lied on how difficult humans appear to be. Just as how I was human, the emperor was of the same race as well. Which was why it would be natural for him to act humanlike.

Leonard must've already noticed the best solution for this whole problem, from the very beginning. But since, the wild vines called human speculations could entangle a lot, it highly affected one's actions to go astray from its original, precise decision, resulting things to become more complex and hazier enough to be undetermined.

The man quickly changed his face into a mocking one only to tease me, so that he could change the pace and quickly replace what he unconditionally showed me just now.

"Did you hate following my command that much, young lady?", he smirked with a brightened expression, suppressing a portion of his joy for finding the answer that he forgotten and searched for, for long.