Chapter 17

Isabella pov

"If you are okay you can leave my sister now"

I heard my brother voice. Aaron pulled away and took few steps away from me. I turned around and saw Elijah. He was not happy, he has a scowl on his face glaring at Aaron. I looked at Aaron, he was looking everywhere except me.

What should I do now between these men.

We heard the door opening. It was from the emergency, a doctor came out. Aaron rushed towards him. We followed him.

"How is Adrian" Aaron asked.

"We can't guarantee anything now. We just started the treatment. I came here to say his condition" doctor said. He looked at me and Elijah. Aaron saw this.

"They are on my side, you can tell" Aaron said in impatience. Doctor nod his head looking at him.

"The patient is exposed to the highly poisonous gas called carbon monoxide. That is also called as silent killing gas. You will not know how your life would go in minutes. If the patient would have been there for another fifteen minutes you would have lost him" Aaron took a deep breathe "The gas has almost filled his body. Patients with very severe poisoning is treated in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber"

"This can take hours to remove it from his body. We can't say nothing till the patient response to us. Carbon monoxide poisoning can kill body cells, especially in the brain, there is a risk of long-term neurological problems in people who have had severe poisoning. After oxygen treatment for several hours and if patient physical exam and blood tests are normal, he may be able to go home. For now all I can say is wait" doctor said and went inside. I looked at Aaron.

He was still looking at the place where the doctor was there and taking deep breaths. He started to sweat and shake.

"Aaron" I called softly. He didn't look at me. He lifted his hand to his chest and took deep breaths. He started shaking pretty badly. I got worried. What's happening to him. This looks like he is....

He is having a panic attack.

"Aaron" I called taking his hand.

"Aaron do you hear me. Just take deep a breath" I said. But it was not working. I pulled him to the seat next to him and kneeled infront of him. I grabbed his face and made him look at me. His eyes fell on me.

"Yes look at me. Take a deep breath" he took deep breath "Now exhale" he did the same.

"Now count with me. One, two........" I said and he followed with me. This took for few minutes. "Exhale"

I looked at Elijah. He was standing a little far looking at me. His face showed concern.

"Bring some water" I said. He nod his head and left. I looked back at Aaron. Only to find his face near to me. I body went stiff. His eyes were half closed. He leaned in and kissed my lips. I froze infront of him. He moved his lips against mine softly. I didn't respond. He pulled away and whispered.

"Thank you sunshine" and fell on me. I caught him in my arms.

"Aaron. Aaron" I called him. But he didn't respond. I saw Elijah.

"Elijah help me" I called him. He immediately came and helped me to make Aaron sit properly. I pat his cheek to wake him. But he didn't wake up. Elijah called the nurse and they quickly took Aaron to a room. I said Elijah to be here and I followed the nurse.

*

It's almost midnight now. And I am sitting next to Aaron's bed. He is still unconscious, sleeping peacefully. Doctor said, he is weak with lack of sleep and food. Due to shock he got panic attack and fainted.