Chapter 2

Isabella pov

"Bella, can you bring the donuts which are on the table" my dad called from outside. I took the tray of donuts and went out towards the counter. I gave the tray to dad.

"Thank you Bella, why don't you take orders now. I will go inside" he said placing the donuts in the shelves.

"Okay" I said standing near the counter. My dad went in. I looked around our shop. Only few members were seated with theirs orders enjoying their time.

It's been a month since I found out about Logan. I haven't met him since then. I immediately resigned on Monday. I asked Maria to bring my things from my office room and gave the resignation letter to her. I didn't want to see his face so I left.

I told Maria what I saw and heard when I cooled down from crying. She listened everything what I said. She said she knew it before, but she didn't have any proof to show me so she hesitated to tell me. If she did tell me, I wouldn't have believed that. Because I had a strong feelings for Logan. It's my fault that I was falling for his fake sweetness he was showing for me. He had called me many times, but I didn't receive it. Eventually I blocked his number.

Logan didn't feel anything for me, he just wanted to use me. Thank God I didn't fall for his plan. Now I think of it, he had been pressing me to spend time with him in his home. But I would also say something and escape from it. After few months, I thought I have know him more and decided to go to his home to spend some time nothing else. But I came to know his true intentions now.

My family didn't ask anything when I said I resigned. Looking my face they knew something was wrong and didn't force to tell them. I love my family. I have been working with my parents helping them in the shop. Till I find a new job, I decided to work here. I have applied for some companies, but there is no reply from them.

"Can I get a black coffee with no sugar" my thoughts were cut off by a deep voice. I looked up and met with a cold brown eyes. I shivered slightly as I saw his look. He is handsome, but his cold eyes and blank face made even more handsome. I might have seen him somewhere. I shook my head removing those thoughts.

"Yes" I replied and went to make his coffee. The whole time his gaze was burning on my back till I made his coffee. I finished and took his cup, and placed on the counter.

"That would b...." he cut me off by placing the fifty dollar bill on the counter.

"Keep the change" he said coldly and took the cup. I stood there in shock as he sat on the chair. I didn't like what he did. I took a donut in a plate and with his change.

I went to his table and placed the plate in front of him. He looked up from his cellphone with his cold eyes.

"We don't keep the change, we earn for what we make. This is not a charity to give money" I said placing his change on the table. I turned around and walked, but I stopped walking and went back. He was glaring at me but his face held amusement.

"Please eat this donut and be sweet to others. Don't act like your plain boring coffee" I said walking back to the kitchen. I ordered someone to clean the tables outside, they went.

"You came inside, I was about to call you" mom said coming towards me with a pieces of cakes in tray.

"Can you arrange these outside" she said.

"Sure mom" I said taking the tray outside. I placed neatly the pieces in the shelves and stood up. I looked up and let out a small squeak placing my hand on my chest.

"Oh God" I said looking up again "Do you want anything sir" I asked looking at same cold brown eyes.

"Can I get two piece of cake for home" he said looking into my eyes.