Chapter 13

Isabella pov

I was running back and forth from Anthony to Aaron. It was so tiring. I wish to finish this soon. It's already evening and Anthony went to take rest. Aaron didn't leave him to take any stress. Now I am standing beside Aaron taking notes from the meeting in the office room. We couldn't go back to building because there are still reporters outside. And some people are here protesting against Aaron about company take over.

I don't know why they would protest when it's the same. I am so hungry. I hadn't had lunch today with these meetings. A maid came in with a tray. It had only a coffee and some biscuits. She placed them on the desk and went out. Aaron took the coffee and continued talking drinking it.

I stood there eyeing the biscuits. It looked delicious. I licked my lips. Aaron finished his coffee. The meeting went along for few more minutes. Aaron got up.

"Miss Carter, I want you make a file about this project. And I need it by tomorrow" he said. I nod my head and took the file from the desk. He left the room. I smiled and looked at the biscuits. I took one and ate it moaning. It was so good. So I stuffed my mouth with the biscuits because I was hungry.

Suddenly the room door opened. I froze and looked at the door. Aaron stood at the door looking at me. He raised his eyebrows at me. I put the file in front of my mouth covering myself. I was embarassed that he saw me like this. I quickly chewed it and gulped down as he waited for me.

"Did you finish" he asked. I can hear amusement in his voice. I nod my head putting the file down.

"I came back to tell you that you have complete some files before you go. But I didn't expect to see you eat my biscuits" he said crossing his arms. 

"I was hungry" I mumbled.

"What?" he asked.

"Nothing. What files" I asked. He walked out and I followed him hearing what he was saying. As we came to living room a man came inside in rush.

"Sir a women came asking about you. She said her name is Veronica" I think the guard said. Aaron who was infront of me froze.

"Tell her she is not allowed to come in" Aaron said blankly. I can feel his aggression and hurt in his voice. The guard looked scared.

"But sir she said to give you this" the guard hand over a folder to Aaron. Aaron took it and opened the folder. He pulled out something and froze seeing it. He quickly put it back in the folder.

"Call her in" he said. The guard nod his head and went. I was about to talk, Aaron interrupted me.

"Isabella I want you to be with dad until I call you" he said.

"But you said...." I was cut off as Aaron turned towards me. His eyes were cold and looked dead.

"Do as I saw Miss Carter. I am your boss" he said rudely. I nod my head and walked away from him to Anthony's room.

Aaron pov

Everything was sorting out. I know Candice is the one who spread the fake news about me and dad. Because only she came to know about dad being in hospital. And her last words keep ringing in my head. But now I can see a new problem is arriving.

What does she want now? And how did she get this photo.

When she had already tore me into pieces, what else does she need. I was living my life with some hope but it seems like I will not be.

"Hello Ari" I heard a sweet voice which I was fond of once. But I can hear fakeness in it now.

I closed my eyes calming myself.