Chapter 8

Isabella pov

Aaron has been hard on me since that cookie incident. He has started to treat me very bad. He would yell at me, curse at me as he finds a single mistakes in anything. His attitude has completely changed. I didn't say anything to Anthony about this. They already have a rift between them.

I am really scared of Aaron's behaviour towards me now. No one has treated me like this before. I may have made some mistakes but he could say it in a understanding way than shouting at me.

Like now.

"We don't fucking give you money for this shit" he said throwing the papers on me. I stood still as the papers hit my face and falling on the floor scattering everywhere around me. I felt like crying.

"What is your problem. Why can't you do your job properly. This isn't a fucking family gathering to sit and enjoy, and have a chat with your boss Mr. Woods. I don't know why the hell did he choose you. You are not fit for anything" he shouted angrily glaring at me. I looked down at my feet.

"I am sorry sir. I will do it again" I said still looking down.

"You better do it or I will fucking fire you" he said walking past me out of the office. I bent down collecting the papers. A tear drop fell on the paper. A sob left my mouth as I sat on the floor.

I don't know what to do. I am doing my job properly checking the files ten times before I bring it to him. I am sure I haven't made any mistake.

Then why is he treating me like this. I didn't do anything to him. I feel sad thinking about this. I feel weak, but I will not show him that. I wiped my tears, collected the papers and stood up. I went down to my desk and started doing the presentation again as he rejected it.

It's already evening, and my time is up. But I stayed back to finish the file. Anthony already went completing his meeting today. I looked at the time, it's already eight. I texted my dad, I will reach home late. As I continued to work, I heard footsteps. I looked up to see Aaron, I stood up.

"What are you still doing here" he asked standing infront of the desk.

"I have some files to finish" I said. He opened his mouth and closed it. He nodded his head and went towards Anthony's office. I sat and continued to work. After few minutes, I heard footsteps coming from the office. I didn't lift my head up. The footsteps walked past me into the hallway. I slightly looked up and saw Aaron waiting for the elevator with a file in his hand.

I huffed in relief as I saw him gone. I completely my work in half an hour and packed my things. I went into elevator and pressed the parking lot button. Soon I reached the parking lot and went towards my car. I sat in and started my car.

Thank God it was fixed soon. It would have been problem for me.

As I was driving out of the building, I saw a black Lamborghini parked at the side of the road with a man leaning on it. He looked like Aaron. I shook my head and focused on the road.

Why would he be here, I am sure he already went to his home.

On the way to the house, I saw a food truck. My stomach growled at the same time. I parked my car and went out taking my bag. I ordered a pita. It was looking so delicious. I paid for it and started walking down the street. I found a peaceful place with a empty bench. I sat on it and took a bite of pita. I moaned lowly at the taste.

I smiled taking another bite. I sat there enjoying my pita. I looked around and saw the same Lamborghini parked across the street. I can't see what's inside because the glasses are tint. I shurrged my shoulders and continued to eat. I finished it and got up.