"You don't have to leave, Yuuki. It doesn't matter to me now that you have returned to your true form. To me, you'll always be my daughter."

Turning, Yuuki found her father standing at the door. Flashing him a smile, the brunette returned to put the last of her belongings inside the luggage.

"Thank you for the offer father. But I truly want to go."

"You don't have to go right away. It's a whole different world and absolutely unknown to you. Jumping onto it might not be the right choice; after all you lived most of your life as a human." Her father walked in, explaining.

Kaien was in full agreement with Kaname. It is indeed best for Yuuki to remain here, with him. A vampires world is an ocean filled with too many hungry sharks; making it impossible for a newborn to survive. And as he looked at Yuuki, with his experienced eyes he could see that she wasn't ready to step into the world so full of darkness and bloodshed.

"I understand your concern. But I have decided not to run away from my fate anymore." She told him firmly walking to the wardrobe and picking up the ornament of rare rose that Kaname gifted her.

In that moment her chocolate brown eyes landed on the photo-frame containing a pictures of her and Zero, taken on the first day they started high school.

"There is no need to pressure yourself Yuuki, believe me Kaname-kun understands."

Yuuki closed her eyes and let out a sigh. She knew her father meant well. She knew he cared, just like Kaname does. However, she had enough of people taking care of her. It was time she protected the ones who have protected her all these time.

And on a more important note: Yuuki wanted to go. She really wanted to go. After all these years of admiring him from afar, she finally had a place next to Kaname and Yuuki didn't want to give that up. Although she did not have the courage to admit it, even to herself, as it would sound selfish and shallow.

"Please father, try to understand, I hurt him the most. For ten years I made him wait, alone! I never even knew! He told me to do what I must do. And what I must do father... is be with him."

"Alright then..." Kaien accepted defeat when it became clear that Yuuki's mind was made up, she wouldn't turn back.

oOo

Returning back to his room, Kaname found Aiyora sitting on the bed holding a white piece of paper in hand; which he assumed was the letter from Senri. And the tears rolling down her face only confirmed his assumption.

So she finally read. He thought.

Clearing his throat he stepped inside, making it known to her that he has returned. Although it wasn't really necessary since her vampiric senses already picked up his presence but still... he didn't want to barge in and invade her privacy.

"Where is Shiki?" He asked, despite knowing the answer.

"Gone." She muttered, folding back the latter and asking him for a box.

Kaname walked into his closet and came out with a decent size empty box several minutes later. He handed her the box which Aiyora accepted with a soft whisper of 'Thank you' and hurried to place her father's coat, the piece of his crystal and Senri's letter.