chapyer twenty-seven

tw: mentions of drug use

spencer's pov

"But do you like the chocolate red velvet or vanilla better?" I asked. "I don't know you choose," Dally replied. "Dal it's not just my wedding, you need to help," I said crossing my arms and leaning back in my chair. "Well whatever I choose you'll probably choose the opposite," He said. "That's why I need to know," I said and he rolled his eyes.

"I'd choose chocolate," He said. "Okay chocolate it is," I replied.

"Don't you think we should find an apartment sooner rather than later?" I asked. "Yeah we should probably start looking," he said. "I can't believe it's already been 3 months since you purposed," I said standing up. "Me either man," He said.

"Have you two decided on a cake yet?" Soda asked walking in.

"Chocolate," We said in unison. "Oh uhm Blake, Quinn, Evie and I are going dress shopping today," I said. "Blake told me," Soda said. "What time?"

"Around 4," I said. "Got it, see you later," He said and walked out. "When are you gonna take them to get tuxes?" I asked Dally. "Probably next week or somethin'," He replied. "I'm holding you to that," I said. "Yes ma'am," He said. "I'm gonna go shower," I said and kissed him.

Once I got in the shower I let the warm water run down my body. I never thought wedding planning would be so draining. I feel like Dally depends on me to get everything done. I love him, but I can't have all that stress on my shoulders. Even Soda is helping more than he is. It's not even his wedding.

I finished showering and went into my room to change. I got a black crop top on with a green flannel and jeans.

Once I finished it was 3:30. Evie, Blake, and Quinn were all sitting on the couch when I walked out. "Hey Sj," Evie said. "Hey," I said grabbing my wallet. "The shop is kind of far away so we should probably get going now," I said. "Sounds good," Blake said.

We all got in the car and drove down to the shop.

When we walked in I was in awe looking at all of the beautiful dresses. "Wow," I muttered. "Hi how can I help you?" A girl said coming up to us. "I need a wedding dress," I said, obviously. "Follow me," She said. She let me look through all of the dresses and I picked a few to try.

I tried a dress with long sleeve first. Didn't like that. Then I tried short sleeves. That wasn't it either. I then tried a strapless one, it wasn't too long. I looked in the mirror and in that second I knew. I walked out of the dressing room to show the other girls and they all gasped. "ITS BEAUTIFUL!" Quinn said. "You look stunning!" Blake said. "You are absolutely gorgeous Sj," Evie said.

"I think this is the one," I said. "I agree," Evie said. "Well Ill change, then we can pay and go find dresses for you guys," I said. "Perfect," Blake said. After we paid we decided on pastel blue bridesmaids dresses. They were perfect. I had Evie take my dress to her house so Dally wouldn't snoop.

"I'm back!" I said walking into the house. "Hey you find a dress?" Pony asked. "Yeah sure did," I said. "Oh and Dal I think that we should have the color theme be white and pastel blue,"

"Sounds good to me," Dally replied. "Is that the color of the bridesmaids dresses?" Johnny asked. "Yep," I said. I sat down on the couch when Two-Bit burst through the front door. "Guess who got a date?" He shouted. "With who?!" I asked excitedly. "A cute broad named Riley!" He said. "What does she look like?" I asked. "Long brown hair, green eyes, why?" he asked. "I know her!" I said. "How?" He asked. "Girls home, treat her good Two she's fragile," I smiled.

"I'm happy for you Two-Bit," Johnny said. "Thanks Johnnycakes," Two said.

"Oh hey Spence I called a few places and we can go look for apartments tomorrow in the afternoon," Dally said. "Really?" I asked. "Yeah...." He said. "No sorry I just thought I would have to call, thanks Dal," I said. "Yeah sure man," He said. "You know what? you can just live here it's fine," Pony said. "Oh really?" I asked. "I don't want you to leave," He shrugged.

"That's sweet Pone, but we both know I'll probably still be here every day," I said and everyone laughed.

the next day

Dally and I had looked at 3 apartments now and we still haven't found one that we like. We're now on our way to the fourth. When we walked inside the atmosphere was different than all the others we'd been too.

It was calm. You didn't feel like you were in as much danger.

It had two rooms, one bathroom, a kitchen, and a living room. It wasn't trashed like the others, and it seemed welcoming. "Well what do you think Dal?" I asked. "I like this one man," He said and I smiled. "I do too," I said. "We don't have to decide now, but I think this might be it," I said. He nodded.

We got back home and sat down on the couch. "Find anything?" Darry asked from the kitchen. "Just one," I said. "That's good at least," He said. "Yeah," I said. "What's for dinner?" I asked. "Spaghetti," "Got it,"

"I feel like an old woman," I laughed. Dally kissed my head. "Let's go do something fun then," He said. "Like what?" I asked. "I guess we'll figure that out," He said and we ran out of the house. "What about roller skating?" He asked. "What happened to you?" I joked. "Let's go in that store, find something to steal and then use it," I said. "We've changed each other too much," He said and I laughed.

We ended up stealing cigarettes and cards.

We attempted to play black jack but we both suck at it, so we basically just smoked outside most the night. At some point, we ended up getting to a dark place with some hoods we hadn't seen in awhile. "Y'all want some?" Alex, one of our old friends, asked holding up the stash he had. I looked at Dally. "Darry will kill us," I said. He shrugged. I looked back at Alex. "This is a one time thing," I said.

I ended up high as a kite. I'd done this before, but I was like 15. I guess I'm still only 17. Holy shit I'm getting married at 17.

"Weddings are stressful," I said leaning on Dally. "Yeah," He said. We walked inside the house loudly stating our appearance. "Hello family of mine," I said sitting on the couch. "What did you do?" Soda asked. "I smoked some things I haven't smoked in awhile," I laughed. "Are you high?" Darry asked me as Dally sat down.

"Maybe a little," I said. "Are you Dally?" He asked. "Not as bad as she is," Dally said. "I'm gonna go to bed," I said standing up. "We'll talk about this tomorrow Spencer!" Darry yelled. "Maybe you should sleep out here tonight," I heard Darry say to Dally as I climbed in my bed.

(word count: 1,240)