chapter fifteen

trigger warning: mentions of rape

spencer's pov

After about 30 minutes Quinn woke up right as Dally walked inside. Everyone huddled around Quinn so I went over to Dally. "Was it Bob?" I asked and he nodded. I grabbed his hands and they were all bruised and bloody. I dragged him to the bathroom and washed off the blood. "I can do it myself," Dally said and I shushed him.

I got ice and held them on his hands and we sat back down. "So what happened?" I asked. "I was walking to clear my head and didn't realize I was in soc territory," Quinn said. "And Bob jumped you?" I asked and she nodded. "How'd you know?" Ponyboy asked. "Soc territory is all I have to hear to know if it was Bob," I said. "Why is that?" Blake asked.

"Because he uhm," "He raped her about a year ago," Soda said. "Holy shit," Blake said. "I'm fine now, ptsd kicks in sometimes, but I'm okay really," I said. "Quinn did he touch you?" I asked. "He tried but that's the one thing I stopped him from doing," She replied. "Ponyboy you better talk to," "Cherry," Ponyboy said and I nodded.

"Quinn you and Blake can sleep in my room I'll take the couch," I said and they nodded. They went to my room and I got a blanket for myself on the couch. "No go sleep in my bed with Pony I'll sleep on the couch," Soda said. "No i'm fine," I said. "No really go," He said. "She can just sleep at Bucks with me," Dally suggested. "No!" Darry, Soda, Steve, Two-Bit, Johnny, and Ponyboy all said. "I'll sleep on the couch I'm not gonna die," I said.

"Just sleep in me and Pony's bed," Soda said and I sighed and stood up. "Fine," I said and gave a satisfied smiled. "Goodnight," I said and pecked Dally on the lips, making everyone else gag. "Shut up," I said and they all laughed. Me and Pony finally got in bed and laid there. "It's a little weird when you sleep in here," Pony "Why cause I'm a girl?" I asked. "No not necessarily, you just haven't since we were little," He said.

"Well if you get sick of Soda you can come in my room," I said and he laughed. "Can I ask you somethin?" He asked. "Sure," I replied. "Do you love Dal?" He asked. I didn't even know the answer. Do I love Dallas? "I- I don't really know the answer to that Pone," I said. "Soda told me that he thinks he loves Blake," He said. "Already huh?" I asked and he laughed. "Yeah," He said.

"I think I really do love Dal, but I don't wanna get too attached if he doesn't feel the same way," I said. "Spence he looks at you the way Two-Bit looks at cake," He said and I laughed. "And even better he looks at you the way Dad looked at Mom," He said and I smiled. My mom was his whole world. "If he doesn't love you then I don't believe in love," He said. "Do you love Quinn?" I asked. "Maybe, I'm still young though," He said.

"Darry would probably kill you if you told her you loved her at 14," I said and we both laughed. "Yeah, I hope he and I stop fighting soon," He said. "Talk to him about it," I said. "What?" he asked. "I used to fight with Dar all the time, if you talk some things out you won't as much," I said. "I forgot how often you guys used to fight," He said. "Me too," I said. "Go to sleep!" We heard Darry yell and we both looked at each other and rolled over to the opposite sides of the bed.

next morning

"Spence wake up!" I heard and was shaken when I opened my eyes to see Steve. "What?" I asked. "I'm bored!" He said and I shoved him. I stood up and closed the door and laid back down. I heard the door open and next I felt strong arms wrap around me. "They sent you, what do they need?" I asked rolling over to bury my face in his chest. "Darry left for work, Pony went to school, and Soda also left for work so they want you to make breakfast ," Dally said.

I rolled my eyes and huffed. "can't Johnny cook?" I asked. "Yeah but he got pretty beat up by his old man last night," He said and I sighed. "ILL MAKE IT IN 20 MINUTES!" I yelled and they all said ok. "Thanks for ruining my ear drums," Dally said. "Sorry," I said. I looked up and scrunched my nose and he kissed it. I kissed him and rolled back over. "Don't fall back asleep doll," He said. "I won't," I said kicking the sheets off. I got up and went to start making breakfast.

I started making eggs and bacon. "Hey I'm gonna go to Bucks duckie," Dally said and kissed my cheek. "okay bye I love you," I said then everyone froze, including me. My eyes went wide and I looked up to see everyone staring at me. Dally gave me a scared look and walked out the door. I went back to cooking the food and my eyes couldn't go back to their normal size.

After I finished I put the food on plates and handed it to Steve, Two-Bit, and Johnny. "I hate my life," I said. "Do you really love him?" Johnny asked and I looked at him. "Yeah," I said. "But I can't be attached I know he doesn't want a future, he's told me he doesn't want kids, I do," I said "It just won't work," I sighed. "Do you want one with him?" Steve asked stuffing eggs in his mouth.

"I mean yeah," I said. "Then make it work," Two-Bit said. "The perks of having 3 extra brothers," I said and they all laughed. We talked for a little bit when the phone rang. I got up and answered it. "Is this someone familiar with Dallas Winston?" A lady's voice asked. "Yes i'm his girlfriend why?" I replied. "Sorry to tell ya but he's been shot, he's in the hospital getting surgery," She said and I dropped the phone.

(word count: 1,070)