chapter twelve

spencer's pov
after rumble

All the boys walked inside except Ponyboy and Dally. "Where-," I started then stopped. "I'll be back," I said and ran out the door. I ran as fast as I could to the hospital and walked in to see them standing over Johnny who was now talking normally. "Johnny!" I said and walked in. "I was scared maybe you wouldn't-," I said but was interrupted. "Me too man, I was real determined not too though," Johnny said.

"I'm glad you're okay," I said. The nurse walked in and shooed us out. After we said goodbye to a now sitting up Johnny, we all got in Bucks car that Dally was borrowing. "The nurse said Johnny wouldn't make it, I'm real glad he's doin' alright," Ponyboy said. "Me too Pone," I said. "You've been quiet Dal, what happened with the rumble? I left before anyone told me," I asked.

"We beat their heads in," He said. "Good," I said. Ponyboy and I said goodbye to Dally and walked inside. Steve and Soda laying on the floor, Darry in his chair, Two-Bit on the couch. "Good news," I said when the door closed and they all looked over. "What?" They all asked. "Well first off, you beat the socs," I said. "Second, Johnny is gonna be alright," Pony said. "That's great!" Darry exclaimed. After we all talked awhile I decided to head off to bed.

the next day

I woke up and rubbed my eyes sleepily. I changed into an outfit after staring at the ceiling for nearly an hour. When I walked into the living room it looked like an interrogation. Darry, Sodapop, and Steve standing in front of Dally on the couch. "What's up your asses?" I asked. "Take a seat," Darry said. I sat down next to Dally and they all stared at us.

"We have some ground rules for you two," Darry started. I looked at Dally and he nodded. "Ok well?" I asked. "First, if you're gonna go on a date we want to know," Darry said. "Second, door stays open if Dally is in there," Soda said and I rolled my eyes. "I'm not gonna have sex with him if that's what you're worried about," I said rudely. "I don't care," Darry said. "Third, no sleepovers at Bucks," Steve said.

"Great, anything else dads?" I asked sassily. "Nope," Soda said. "You'd think I'd be used to having five brothers by now," I said shaking my head standing up. "Can I take her somewhere?" Dally asked. "Sure," Darry said. We waved goodbye and went out to walk wherever he wanted to go. "Let's go to Bucks," He said. "Yes sir," I said and he took my hand in his. As we walked I saw girls scoff and roll their eyes at me. But I didn't care one bit.

Once we got to Bucks we said hello to him and went to his room. I sat on the bed and we just stayed in a comfortable silence. "What should we do?" I asked. "I dunno," He shrugged. "Can I have that?" I asked pointing to a shirt on the floor. "If you really want it man," He said. I grabbed the shirt and sat back down. I looked over at him and he was flashing a grin. "You're cute," I said. "No I'm not I'm hot," he said.

"No you're cute," I said and scrunched my nose. He laughed and pulled me into a kiss. After awhile we pulled away as we heard footsteps approaching. "Hey you gotta call Dallas," Buck said opening the door. Dally went down and answered and I looked around his room. I've been in it a thousand times but I never seemed to notice anything about it.

I walked up to the mirror and fixed my hair and looked at a picture sitting on his dresser with he and my mom. I smiled sadly and picked it up. I ran my fingers over it and set it back down when Dally walked back in. "Whatcha lookin' at?" He asked. "That picture of you and my mom," I said. "Oh yeah, had that taken a week before well you know, she insisted on having your dad take it man," He said. "I think it's cute," I said.

"Stop using that word," He said and I laughed and hugged him. "She loved you like a son," I said. "Nobody can love me I'm unloveable," He said. "Don't say that, a lot of people love you, including me," I said. Oh shit. "I mean uhm anyway, should we go visit Johnny?" I asked. He nodded awkwardly and we started walking. I didn't mean to say I love him, I mean I always have as family but I don't know if I do romantically yet. Oh god he probably thinks that's what I meant. I got snapped out of my daze when he picked me up.

"Put me down!" I said. He set me down and gestured for a piggy back. I gladly accepted and we.. he walked us there.

sorry it's short! l try to update as often as i can i'll try to do more now that it's summer! stay gold!

(word count: 874)