chapter thirteen

spencer's pov

I have been dating Dally for a month now. Everything is going smoothly so far. We have tiny arguments sometimes but every couple does. Johnny is out of the hospital and learning to walk again. His spine was severely damaged in the fire but he's been regaining feeling and is doing great.

I walked out into the porch and the cool evening breeze blew through my hair. Prickling at my skin. I heard arguing around the corner and hoped it wasn't a soc bothering some girl. I went to check it out when it stopped. I turned the corner and what I saw made me want to run away forever. Bellamy kissing MY boyfriend shoved up against a wall.

"You know I should've been smarter than to trust Dallas Winston," I said and he looked over. "Spencer this isn't what it looks like I know everyone says that but please hear me out," He said shoving Bellamy away from him. "I can't believe you," I said and ran to my house and slammed the front door. Everyone jumped up and looked at me. "Don't let Dallas into the house you hear me?" I said tears pooling in my eyes.

"What did he do?" Soda asked standing up. "Just don't let him in okay?!" I yelled and ran to my room locking the door behind me. I leaned against the door and slid down to the floor. I brought my knees to my chest and cried. I heard knocking on the door knowing it was Dally. The guys wouldn't let him in at first but I heard him beg them and he doesn't beg.

I felt the presence of someone by my door and knew it was him. "Go away Dallas," I said and went to my bed and cuddled up in the blankets. "Please Spence, I know it looks bad but I-," "Please just leave me alone Dally," I said and he stopped talking. I found a spot on the wall and stared for what felt like hours until I eventually fell asleep.

The next morning I got out of bed and got sweats and a shirt on. His shirt. I opened the door and tripped. I looked next to me and a now awake Dally was laying next to me. "Why are you still here?" I asked. "I couldn't leave knowing you're upset," He replied. "Didn't seem to matter yesterday," I said. "Please let me explain," He said. "Fine you have 2 minutes," I said and went and sat back on my bed.

"I was walking down the street from dingos when that chick that you knew came up to me, she was tryna seduce me but I just," "Decided to kiss her first," I said. He gave me a sad look and I sighed. "Sorry," I said. "I just ignored her, kept on walkin' but she didn't like that and shoved me, we started arguin' she kept shovin me and eventually shoved me into the wall," He said and sighed.

"She kissed me, had me trapped in between her and the wall, I tried to push her away but damn she was the strongest broad ever," He said. "She must've seen you or something," he said and put a hand on my leg. I looked up at him reading his expression. "You gotta believe me Spence I know I don't gotta great record or anything but I'm tellin' ya the truth," He said. And he was. I grabbed his hand and ran my thumb over it.

I looked up into his eyes and he looked back at mine.  I put my hands on his cheeks and pulled him into a kiss. He pulled me closer by the waist and we made out for awhile until Darry got home and came into my room. We pulled apart and I looked up at him awkwardly. "I would usually get really mad but you know she was cryin all night so I'll just leave you be," He said and I laughed.

"Oh and what do y'all want for dinner tonight I'm goin to the store soon?" He asked poking his head back in. "Pasta," I said. "Yes ma'am," He said and walked out. "Surprised you didn't get murdered," I said to Dally and he chuckled. "Me too man," He said. We walked out into the living room and sat next to Johnny. "Everything all better?" Johnny asked. "Yeah thanks Johnnycakes," I said.

Soda walked in with Blake and I smiled at them. "You don't have work today Pepsi?" I asked. "Nah, closed for cleaning," He said and I nodded. "Everything's ok with you two then?" he asked pointing at me and Dally. "I maybe should've just listened to him when he told me too," I said and everyone laughed.

"Oh yeah that reminds me I have someone to beat up," I said standing up. "Woah you aren't beating her up she's so strong!" Dally said. "I've beat her in a fight before, and plus I'm pissed off I can win," I said. "Please be careful doll," He said and kissed me. "See y'all later," I said after getting my shoes on and walked out of the house, looking for Bellamy.

(word count: 874)