chapter twenty-six

spencer's pov

"So Spencer Jane Curtis, Will you marry me?"

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

"Hell yeah I will!" I said and he smiled. So so wide. He put the ring on my finger and I kissed and hugged him. "Dallas I love you so much," I said. "I love you too," he said.

"I was not expecting that at all," I said looking at the ring. It was beautiful, it was perfect.

"Did my brothers know about this?" I asked. "Darry did, I asked for his permission," he replied. I smiled and kissed him again. We walked back home with the biggest smiles on our faces, I physically couldn't stop smiling. When we walked inside, everyone looked at us.

"Why do you two look like creepy dolls?" Two-Bit asked. I held up my hand and everyone's jaws dropped. "NO WAY!" Soda yelled and ran over to me. He looked at the ring and was in shock. He hugged me so tight. "I'm so happy for you!" He said.

That was basically what everyone said after hugging me, bro hugging Dally. I kissed Dally again not being able to comprehend this myself. "I can't believe my baby sisters getting married before me," Darry said. "If you'd introduce us to Alice," I replied. "I will soon okay?" He said. "Deal," I said.

"Just cause you're engaged doesn't mean you can have sleep overs at Bucks," Steve blurted out. I laughed. "Okay then sleepovers here it is," I replied.

"If she's gonna get married to 'em I think they can probably have sleepovers without supervision," Two-Bit said. "I said I wouldn't do anything til marriage and I meant it," I said. "So you guys have never made out?" Steve joked. "Shut up," Dally said.

After a while, Dally and I went to Bucks.

"Hey Buck," I said when we walked in. "Darry finally lettin' ya sleep here kid?" Buck asked. "Well when you get engaged they have to trust you," Dally said. "No way! congrats you two," He said. "Thanks Buck, see ya in the morning," I said. We went up to Dallys room and I changed into one of his shirts in the bathroom. I went back into the room and he was shirtless.

"I can get used to this," We said in unison and I laughed. I laid down on the bed and he laid next to me. "Dal?" I said. "Yeah?" He asked. "Thank you," I whispered. "For what?" "For letting me be the one you finally settled for," I replied.

"It was either you or living with Buck forever," He said and I laughed. I propped myself up on my elbow and ran my hand through his hair. I kissed him passionately, and we ended up doing that for awhile. "I know it's not bad, but maybe this is why Darry wouldn't let us sleep here," I said and he laughed. "Definitely the reason why," He replied.

He laid his head in the crook of my neck and I played with his hair. "We're getting married," I said excitedly, but sleepily. "Yay," he muttered and I laughed. "Goodnight Dally," I whispered. "Goodnight Spence," He whispered back.

sorry besties this is the shortest chapter i've ever written but the next few i'm gonna try to make fairly long, hopefully that makes up for it!!

(word count: 558)