chapter twenty-three

a/n: for the sake of the story we're gonna pretend johnny killed a random soc not bob:)

spencer's pov

"Spencer," Go away. "Spence come on wake up," Leave me alone. "Spencer Jane Curtis get up!" I opened one eye and Darry was standing there. "What do you want?" I asked. "Dallys in the slammer," He said and I sat up. "I can't have one day of peace here can I?" I said getting up "I don't know seems that way," He said. I got dressed and Darry drove me to the police station.

I ran inside and up to the desk. "I wanna visit Dallas Winston," I said. "Just a minute," The man said. "Take a seat, we'll be right with you," He said. "This way," He said after about 15 minutes. I followed him into a room and sat in a seat, Dally on the other side of the glass. I grabbed the phone as did Dally. "What'd you do?" I asked. "This time, nothing, they just assume everything's my fault," He said.

I gave him a look and he gave it back. "Okay okay I believe you, how long?" I asked. "I have 12 hours left for bail, otherwise a month," He said. "Did they say how much bail was?" I asked. He shook his head. Darry turned the corner and had a very displeasing look plastered on his face. "We don't have enough to bail him out this time, I'm sorry Spence," Darry said and I sighed trying to hold it together.

I looked back at Dally. "What did you get brought in for?" I asked. "I'm pretty sure Sheldon did it, but vandalism," He said. "If I can get Bob to admit too it they let you out right?" I asked and he nodded. "I'll be back," I said and marched out of the station right into soc territory. I saw a ton of different people stare me down. I got to Bobs house I knocked so hard I'd have a bruise on my hand.

His mother, of course, opened the door. "Oh it's too. what do you want?" She asked. "Where's your son?" I asked. "Bob! someone's here for you!" She yelled. "Try not to take too long I don't want ya stinkin' up the house," His mom said and walked away. Bob saw me and rolled his eyes immediately. "What do you want grease?" He spat. "I wanna know why my boyfriends in prison for something you did," I spat back. "What exactly did I do?" He asked.

"You vandalized somethin' I don't know what it was," I said annoyed. "Oh well tell your boyfriend thanks," He said and went to close the door but I put my foot in the way. "If you don't turn yourself in, it won't end well for you," I said. "I'm not scared of you," He said. "Your funeral," I said. "I'm not gonna do it," He said as I went to walk away. I turned around and punched i'm right in the nose.

"You will seriously regret it if you don't," I said and walked out and back home. I sat on the steps of the porch and stared at the sidewalk. Blake must've been coming to see Sodapop because she was walking up to the house. She sat down next to me. "You okay?" She asked. "Fine why?" I asked. "I heard Dally was in the slammer," She said. "He is, hopefully not for long though," I said. "How long you think it'll take for whoever did it to fess up?" she asked.

"What?" I asked. "I've heard about Dallys past but Soda told me he made a commitment not to do anything illegal once you two got together," She said. "So I know he didn't do it," She finished. "I didn't know that, but yeah Bob Sheldon did it, I just threatened him so hopefully that helps," I said. "Or he'll just tell them you threatened him," She said.

"Who cares, they already know he has it out for me ever since my parents decided I should put a restraining order on him," I said. "Really?" She asked and I nodded. "You can go see my brother now I'm sure he's waiting for you," I said. "Oh I'm not here for Soda he's at work, I came to see if you were alright," she said. "We need to hangout more," I said and we both laughed.

"Let's go inside," I said and we went inside and saw Evie and Steve. "Does everyone just come to my house even if none of us are home?" I asked. "Pretty much," Steve said. "Steve out, we need girl time," I said and he kissed Evie and left. "Dal gonna get bailed out?" Evie asked. "Don't have enough money, we'll just have to see," I said. I got cokes and handed one to Blake and Evie then sat down and opened my own.

"So how are things with you and my brother?" I asked Blake. "Honestly so amazing, he's one of the sweetest guys ever," She replied. "Well I'm glad, I actually like you, his ex thought I 'wanted him for myself ' and kept forgetting I was his twin," I said. "She actually forgot you were his twin?" She asked. "Oh my god it was hilarious," Evie said. "It was so annoying holy shit," I said.

"I don't have anything to worry about with his ex do I?" She asked. "No, she cheated on him, he wouldn't go back to her," Evie said reassuringly. "If he even thought about going back to her he'd be dead before he had the chance," I said and Blake smiled. "Good," She said. "What about you and Dal?" Evie asked. "Ever since we got back together, we've been great," I said. "That's good!" Blake said.

"You and Steve?" I asked. "Good, we don't really have any problems besides him needing attention 24/7," Evie said and I laughed. "Sodas the same way!" Blake said. "Honestly I'm the one that needs attention," I said and they both started laughing making me laugh. After a while Soda got home and stole Blake from us so Evie left to start her shift at dingos.

I went into my room to clean it and heard so many noises from Sodas room I almost threw up. "If this were any other sibling I'd come interrupt that!" I yelled. "Shut up!" Soda yelled back and I just shook my head and laid down. I must've fallen asleep because I woke up and Pony was laying next to me. "Hey Pone, how long was I asleep?" I asked. "Well 30 minutes from when I got home," He said and I nodded.

"Did you need somethin?" I asked. "No, I can't exactly go in Soda and I's room yet, Already made that mistake," He said and I laughed. "Well you can sleep in here if ya need too, is Darry home yet?" I asked but Darry then walked in. "I have pizza," He said. "Yay," I said and Pony and I raced to the kitchen. "Thanks Dar," I said and he smiled.

(word count: 1,195)