chapter nineteen

spencer's pov

"If it's so important why didn't you tell us a week ago where I had time to get ready for it?" I asked running around looking for my heels. "I forgot!" Ponyboy exclaimed defensively. I finally came to a halt as Dally held up my heels. "Thank you!" I said and slipped them on. "I'm still confused, where are we going?" Two-Bit asked.

"Pony got an AP award!" Soda exclaimed. "What's that?" Two-Bit asked. "I don't know but it sounds cool," Soda shrugged and I laughed. "He's in an advanced placement class and he got an award for being the best student," I said as we all walked out the door. "Why do we have to go somewhere for it if he already got it?" Steve asked.

"He didn't he's being given the award tonight," Darry said. "Oh," Steve mumbled. "Just drive Dar they don't know how to use their tiny brains," I said and Two-Bit pushed my head down so I punched his arm and he punched mine back. "Ow!" I said and Dally punched him making me smirk. "It didn't actually hurt," I winked at Two-Bit and he glared at me.

I laughed making everyone else laugh and we soon arrived at the school. We all walked in and took our seats, getting rude looks as we walked over. I sat down in-between Johnny and Soda, Ponyboy on the other side of Soda. Lots of kids were being given different awards until they finally got to the freshman awards. A few other freshman's got awards but they finally called Ponyboy.

"Ponyboy Curtis for the AP freshman award!" The announcer said and nobody cheered except the gang, and Quinn who was apparently there. "GO PONE! THATS MY BROTHER!" Soda and I yelled in unison. "GO PONYBOY!" Johnny yelled. "Yeah Pone!" Dally cheered and we all clapped and cheered him on. Afterwards, we took everyone to dingos to celebrate, including Blake, and Evie who we picked up on the way.

"What can I get y'all?" An annoying high pitched voice said. We all turned and saw Sandy. "I'm gonna lose my shit if I keep seeing her like this," I said. "Hey Soda, how are ya?" She asked chomping her gum. "Not single, get us a new waiter," Blake said and Sandy glared at her. "Was I talkin' to you hun?" Sandy asked rudely. "No but I was talking to you so fun along," Blake replied.

"Fine, I don't even like Soda anyway, How are you doin Dallas?" She asked and my body fumed with anger. "Look Sandra, just because you're desperate and lonely and probably have a kid by now, doesn't mean you can go around hitting on every guy that is taken, they don't want you so back the hell off," I threatened standing up. "You're a bitch," She replied. "Better than being a slut," I said. She stomped off and I sat back down satisfied.

"That was....eventful?" Steve said. "That was a bit harsh Spence," Darry said. "I know I normally wouldn't say slut to another girl cause it's hurtful but, it's Sandy," I said defending myself. "That's true," Evie said. "It was kinda hot man," Dally said making me laugh. "I don't like when people hit on my boyfriend," Blake said. "Exactly," I said. "When exactly did that become official?" Ponyboy asked.

"About two weeks ago," Soda said. "You got anyone official in your life Pone?" Two-Bit teased. "Maybe," Pony replied. "WHO?" Johnny, Steve, and I yelled. Ponyboy looked at Quinn and she nodded making my eyes widen. "PONYBOY I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!" I yelled before he could even say it was Quinn. "How do you know who it is?" Dally asked. "Did you not see him look at Quinn when we asked who?" Evie asked.

"So it's Quinn?!" Blake asked excitedly. "Yes," Quinn and Ponyboy said in unison. "YAY!" Soda said and I burst into laughter. "I officially think Soda is the more feminine twin," I said. "I am not!" Soda said defensively. "Mhm whatever you say," I nodded sarcastically. We finally ordered and we talked mostly about Quinn and Ponyboy, sometimes Blake and Soda, sometimes Dally and I, sometimes Steve and Evie, and sometimes finding Two and Johnny girlfriends.

Darry refuses to talk about having a relationship but I know he likes Alice from his work. He told me he thought she was amazing and his eyes glowed when he talked about her. "earth to Spencer Jane," Dally said and I looked at him. "Hm?" "We have to get home, we gotta babysit tomorrow remember?" He asked. "Oh yeah," I said standing up. We drove home mostly in silence, everyone was tired from eating so
much food. We dropped Blake and Quinn off but Soda stayed with them as well.

After everyone was home, aside from my
siblings Dally and I, we drove around for a while. We had the windows down and just felt the cool night breeze on our faces. I put my hand out the window and felt so happy as Dally wrapped his arms around me. "Alright, time to go home," Darry said. "Boo," I said. We all laughed and drove home. "Door stays open, the origanal rule was no sleepovers too," Darry said as we walked inside. "Okay goodnight love you," I said. "Love you," Darry and Pony said. I hugged them both and Dally and I went to sleep.

sorry i haven't updated all week! i just got back from camping so i'll update more often:)

(word count: 932)