chapter one

spencer's pov

"Spencer we all know you aren't really asleep!" Darry yelled. "A girl can dream Darrel!" I yelled back. "Get up we gotta go soon!" he yelled back. I rolled my eyes and hopped out of my bed. I got dressed in jeans and a t-shirt. I brushed out my hair and went out into the kitchen.

"Morning," I said grabbing the glass of chocolate milk Ponyboy had just poured. "Thanks Pone," I said and he shook his head laughing. "Where's my least favorite sibling?" I asked jokingly as Sodapop walked out of the bathroom. "Ah it's as if I've summoned him," I said and he cocked an eyebrow.

"Get your shoes on all three of you," Darry said. "Sir yes sir," I said. I got on my all black converse when the rest of the gang walked in. "Morning," Steve said yawning. "Hey Stevie," I said. "Hey Spence," Dally said winking at me. "Dal," I said giving him a serious look then breaking it with a laugh.

"Let's go," Darry said walking back out with his work clothes on. "I don't even have anywhere to go Dar," I said. "You're going to the dx with Soda and Steve I don't trust you here alone," He said and I put my hand on my heart. "I am hurt," I said and he shook his head. "I'll stay with her," Dally said. "I trust you even less than her," Darry replied.

"I'll take her to Bucks or something," Dally said. "I'm right here you know," I said. "Come on Dar, Two and Dal will be here I won't be by myself," I said. "Fine, come on Ponyboy you're gonna be late for school," Darry said and they walked out. Soda walked over and kissed my head then gave Dally and Two-Bit the "touch my sister and you die" look.

"so what are we gonna do today?" I asked. "Watch Mickey," Two said and me and Dally groaned. "We always watch Mickey," I said. "Uh yeah maybe because it's amazing," Two replied. "We can go to dingos then we can go to the dx," Dally said. "Who put you in charge?" I asked. "I did," He said and I just shrugged and we got in the car.

We got to dingos and sat in our usual booth. "Hey guys!" Evie said as she walked by us holding two milkshakes. "Hey Eve!" I said. "Hey," Two said and Dally just nodded. "I'll go get the other server to come over here," She said. "Thanks," I said and she smiled. Evie is really my only friend that's a girl.

I wouldn't necessarily count Sandy as my friend considering she forgets I'm Soda's twin every five seconds. Of course, she ended up being out server. "What can I get ya?" She asked. "Pancakes," Two-Bit said. "Just a pepsi," I said. "How about you Dallas?" She asked and winked at him causing me to roll my eyes. She does realize she's dating my brother right? is that even the reason I care? what am I thinking of course that's why I care.

"I'll have a milkshake," Dally said not amused. "Sure thing," She said twirling her hair. "I hate her," I said. "We know," They both said. "She's not all that bad, nice ass," Dally said. "That's my brothers girlfriend," I said. "I would never touch her she's a two timer," He said. "I don't got eyes for two timers," Two-Bit said. "Apparently Soda does," I said.

After we ate we drove to the dx and I sat on the counter until Soda and Steve walked in. "Hey Spence," Steve said. "Hey Duckie," Soda said. "How many times do I have to ask you not to call me that for you to listen?" I asked. "Well I'm never gonna stop so keep trying," He said. "Yeah get used to it Duckie," Dally said.

I felt my cheeks go warm so I looked down at the floor. "So did you guys need anything here?" Steve asked. "we need some more coke at home might as well get it now," I said. "I'll get it," Two said. "What a gentlemen," I joked. I spun around so I was facing away from the door and now looking at Steve and Soda. "Saw Evie at dingos," I said. "Yeah she's working her shift right now," Steve said.

"Did you see Sandy too? she's working right now," Soda said. "Yep she was our server," I said rolling my eyes. The bell rang and someone's stilettos walked around us and hugged Soda. You guessed it. Sandy. "Is this girl bothering you Soda baby?" Sandy said. "How many times do I have to say I'm his twin before it sticks into that tiny brain of yours?" I asked.

"oh right," She said. "Dal Two let's go," I said placing five dollars on the counter. "I'm gonna stay here and save Steve," Two said. "Good idea," I said and he laughed. "See you guys later," I said as me and Dally walk out. We got in the car and Dally tried to do what he always does and put his hand on my leg so I hit it away.

"When are you gonna give up that act?" he asked smirking. "When I feel like it," I replied.  "You stubborn little broad," He said. "I told you not to call me that," I replied. "Whatever you say duckie," He replied still smirking. I squinted my eyes and scrunched my nose at him and he smiled. That's something you don't see very often and I was satisfied. He brushed his thumb over the scar on my cheek then went back to focusing on the road once he got me to blush. Just the reaction he wanted.

Hey!!! i hope you guys like the first chapter so far i have what i think are good ideas for this story hehe stay gold!

(word count: 993)