chapter seventeen

spencer's pov

"Dally just let the nurse do her job and calm down!" I yelled walking in his room and he rolled his eyes and sat still. "Thank you hun I didn't think he would ever listen," The nurse said and I smiled. I sat down in a chair and waited for the nurse to leave. Once she did I got up and walked over to him. I pecked his lips then sat down on his bed. "Go get dressed," I said setting the clothes that were behind my back on him.

"What?" He asked. "They discharged you," I said and his face lit up. "Come on hurry up!" I said. He stood up and started changing right there so I turned around quickly. "Oh sorry doll I wasn't really thinkin," He said and I laughed. Once he was dressed he got anything else he needed, including his meds, and we left.

We got home and the guys all greeted him happily. Blake, Quinn, and Evie eventually came over to welcome him home too. "Now Dal we would appreciate if we didn't have to go to the hospital for at least 2 more months," Darry said and we all laughed.

"I should probably get to Bucks," Dally said. "No!" I whined. "He hasn't seen me either," He said. "He can wait a little longer," I said and he sat back down. "Can he sleep here tonight pleaseee?" I asked Darry. "I guess since he is still healing it's fine," Darry replied and I smiled. "Yay," I said. "If you want too you can no pressure," I said and kissed Dally. "I'll stay man," He said and I scrunched my nose.

He put his hand on my cheek running his thumb over my scar and I gave him a small smile. "you tired?" I whispered. "A little," He replied. "Are you?" He asked. "A little," I said. He picked me up and my eyes went wide. "Dally you're gonna hurt yourself or rip your stitches or something!" I yelled. "I'm fine duckie," He replied.

He finally set me down on my bed and I rolled over. "You need to be more careful," I said. "No thanks," He said. We got under a blanket and he pulled me into my arms. My head just underneath where he had been shot. "I'm not hurting you right?" I asked. "No," He said but when I moved the slightest bit he would wince.

"You dick! if I'm hurting you tell me!" I said switching him places so his head was in my lap. "If I'm such a dick why are you dating me?" He asked sarcastically. "Because I can," I replied and started playing with his hair. "Can I ask you something?" He asked and I nodded. "Is there anything you wish you would've asked your parents before they died?" He asked. I was surprised by the question.

"I mean there's a lot I would've said but I don't know if there's anything specific I would've asked them, I probably would've asked my mom how she knew she was in love but I figured that out on my own," I said. "Why do you ask?" "Because I got a letter from my old man a while ago saying he wanted to meet up with me," He said. "I don't know what to say back," He went on.

"I know if I could see my parents again I'd take any opportunity too," I said. "But if you really don't want to see him it's up to you ok?" I said and he nodded. "You're amazing, how did I win you over?" He asked. "I don't know sometimes," I said making myself laugh at my own joke. He playfully hit my arm so I hit his. He forgot his own strength and hit mine again a a little too hard.

"Shit! Spence I didn't mean to hit you so hard I'm so sorry!" He said hugging me. "It's okay Dal I'm okay," I said and kissed his cheek as he continued hugging me. My bedroom door opened snd Soda stood there. "Everything ok?" Soda asked. "Am I not allowed to hug my boyfriend?" I asked. "We thought we heard arguing," He said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"We weren't arguing," I said. "Ok well I'm going to bed, goodnight," He said. "Night," I said. "Night man," Dally said. "We should actually go to sleep," I said and he nodded. I got up to change and made Dally turn around. I took off my jeans and shirt and put on one of Dallys shirts then climbed back in my bed.

"You look hot in my shirt," He said and I laughed. "Goodnight Dal," I said. "Goodnight baby," He said and kissed my forehead before wrapping his arms around my waist and both of us drifting off to sleep comforted by one another's embrace.

(word count: 818)