chapter eleven

spencer's pov

I woke up to the door slamming and went out to the living room and saw Tim leaving. "Why was he here?" I asked. "I don't know," Pony shrugged. "I'm gonna go visit Dally and if they let me Johnny," I said. "Ok be safe," He said and I smiled sheepishly. I got dressed and waved at Steve and Two-Bit as I ran out.

I got to the hospital and went into Dallys room. "Hey," I said and he looked over. "Hi doll," He said and walked over and closed the door. "Why aren't you in a gown?" I asked. "I didn't like it," He said. I hugged him and he, of course, hesitated to hug back. "If I'm gonna be your girlfriend you'll have to learn to hug me like a normal person," I said. "Why is that?" He asked as we sat on his bed.

"My love language is physical touch," I said. I leaned in and kissed me. "That enough for ya man?" He asked and I just laughed. "I'll be back soon I'm gonna see if they'll let me see Johnny," I said and he nodded. I walked out and saw Two-Bit and Pony trying to get in. I walked over and the doctor let us in. "Hey Johnnycakes," I said and he made a weak noise.

I sat back and let Pony talk to him. "Johnny your mothers here to see you," The nurse said. "I don't wanna see her," He said. "It's ok Johnny I'll make sure she leaves," I said. "But it's your mother she's here to see her," the nurse said. "I said I don't wanna see here she's probably just here to tell me about all the trouble I'm causing so why don't you tell her to just leave me alo-," Johnny said and passed out.

"Is he gonna be alright?" We all asked. "He's gonna be fine," She said. "Give him this," Two-Bit said. We walked out and his mom was yelling at us. "No wonder he hates your guts! you don't even care about him you damn drunk! you go to hell! you go straight to hell," Two-Bit said through tears. Pony and I both put a hand on his shoulder and went to Dallys room.

"What's happened to your gown?" The nurse asked. "I threw it away," Dally said. "Just get out! you make my stomach sick," Dally said and the nurse left and Dally shut the door. "Hey Dal," Two and Pony said. "Hey man how ya doin?" Dally said. They bro hugged.

He looked around then looked at us three. "How is he? how's Johnny doin man?" He asked. "I don't know much about this stuff but he didn't look so good, passed out cold before we left," Two said. I gave Dally a sad look. "Tim Shepherd stopped by, rubbed it in about the rumble, I hate missin' it," He said. "You got a cancer stick Pony?" Dally asked.

Pony threw one at him and I gave a smug look. "Thanks," He said. You still got that knife?"  "What?" Two asked. "The knife," Dally said. Two-Bit got it out and handed it to him. He took it and put it against the sheets. "We gotta win that rumble tonight, we gotta get EVEN with those socs," Dally said standing the bed. He turned around and said "Let's do it for Johnny man, we'll do it for Johnny!" and laid back the knife against his forehead.

"Hey calm down we will," I said. I sat next to him and handed the blade back to Two-Bit. I put a hand on his cheek and he looked at me. He gave me a look and I knew he was angry. "They're gonna beat them you hear me?" I said. "I'll never forget it if we don't," He said. "That's why we will," I replied. He grabbed me and I was now laying on him. Pony cocked an eyebrow and I did the same. I winked and he smiled. The other two boys eventually left and I was left here with Dally.

"I'm gonna find a way to get to that rumble," He said. "I know you will," I said. "Is your love language really physical touch?" He asked. I nodded. "Whats yours?" I asked. "Words of something something," He said and I laughed. "Of affirmation," I said. "Yeah that," He said. I flipped over and looked at him. "That doesn't seem right with all the girls you used to screw," I said.

"Yeah cause that's fun, I like it when people say good things to me because most don't," He said. I frowned. "Well Dallas Tucker Winston, I feel very lucky to have you her with me right now," I said. "I'm glad," He said and kissed me. I'll never get sick of that, I thought in my head. "Me either," He said. "Did I say that out loud?" I asked. "Yeah," He said and I laughed. "Oops," I said. I kissed him again and stood up.

"Where are you going?" He asked. "Home to make sure Pony is alright," I said. "Alright doll be careful," He said and I walked out.

(word count: 875)