chapter seven

spencer's pov
flashback

"Darry they can't do this!" I said grabbing his hands and getting out of the social workers grasp. "I'm sorry Spencer they just don't think I can take care of all three of you I don't know how to convince them I can," Darry said. "They can't just take me away it's nothing fair!" I yelled and he hugged me tight. "I'll get you back as soon as I can I promise you Spencer," He replied.

"Please don't let them take me," I whispered. "I wish I could stop them," He whispered back. "No! No
you aren't taking her!" Soda yelled running into the house. "That's not up to you," The social worker said. "Why is it up to you? We're her family she should be with us not in some girls home!" He yelled back.

I grabbed his hand and hugged him. "I'll be back before you know it I promise," I whispered and he hugged back. "You can't make a promise when you don't know that for sure," He said. "I know everything will be okay Sodapop," I said then hugged Ponyboy and ran out with the social worker.

end flashback

I woke up from a nightmare at the girls home. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. I was there for 3 months and it ruined me. I was getting jumped by other greaser girls who were thrown in there every other day. I got stabbed in the side of my stomach once, I have a scar there now too. After the girl stabbed me they let mecome back home. I toughened up while I was gone and now I know how to defend myself.

I tip-toed into the kitchen and poured a glass of water. I took a sip then set it on the counter. "What are you doing up?" Darry asked walking in. "I could ask you the same," I replied. "I thought I heard something so I came to check," He replied. "Nightmare from the girls home," I said. "You need anything?" He asked. "No, thanks Dar," I said. "Sure kid," He said and pat my head. I smiled at him then went back to my room to get some sleep.

next morning

I heard all the boys in the living room so I got out of bed after an hour of staring at the ceiling. I went to my closet and looked through all of my clothes. I finally decided on a black Elvis shirt and light blue jeans along with my black converse. I finished changing and looked in the mirror.

I lifted up my shirt and looked down at my scar. "Were you ever gonna tell me about that?" Dallys voice came from the door. "Probably not until you figured it out," I replied dropping my shirt down. "How'd you get it?" He asked walking over to me. "You know how they said the girls were all picking on me at the girls home when I came back?" I asked and he nodded.

"They stabbed me," I replied. "What?!" He asked and lifted my shirt to look at the scar. "Thanks for asking Dal, sure you can look at my scar," I said sarcastically. "You're fine I just wanna see the scar," He said brushing his fingers over it. Chills went down my spine. He looked up at me and my cheeks flushed red. "You're cute," He said and dropped my shirt.

"Shut up," I said my face going even more red. "You are," He said winking. "No you're cute," I replied. "I am NOT cute," He said. "Yeah you are," I winked and walked out proudly. "I'm not even gonna ask," Steve said and I laughed. "There's nothing to ask about anyway," I said. "I gotta head to work do you need a ride Soda?" Darry asked walking in. "Yeah, see y'all later," Soda said and hugged Blake goodbye.

"You like my brother?" I asked smiling at her. "Maybe," She said and I smirked. "You like Dally?" She asked smirking at me. "Maybe," I said and Dally whistled. "Shut up," I said and hit his chest softly. I went to walk away and he grabbed my wrist. "Careful what you say duckie," He whispered and let go. I smirked and sat down next to Johnny. "How ya doin' Johnnycakes?" I asked. "Alright you?" He asked. "Pretty good," I replied.

"Anyone wanna go to the lot?" I asked. "Sure," Mostly everyone said. "What's the lot?" Blake asked. "Oh it's just a place we hangout we'll show you," I said and she nodded. We all got up and walked to the lot.

sorry my writers block is rlly bad rn so this chapters a little bit short haha, stay gold!

(word count: 795)