chapter nine

spencer's pov

"You know her?" Dally asked. "I knew her," I said. She started walking over to us and I stepped back running into Dally. "Still scared of me I see," Bellamy said. "Can we help you?" Dally asked. "You can't, she can," She said. "I'm not doing anything for you Belle," I said.

"That didn't end very well for you last time darlin' you still got that scar on your stomach?" She asked.
"How does she know about that scar?" Dally asked. "Cause I'm the one that gave it to her sweetie," "She gave it to me," I said at the same time as Bellamy.

flashback to the girls home

"Bellamy come on why can't you just have Stacy do it or something," I complained. "Because I asked you to do it Spencer," She replied. "Well maybe I'm sick of taking orders from you, you say we're best friends when all you do is boss me around," I said standing up. "Alright fine, go tell Stacy for me darlin I wanna rest my eyes," She said. I rolled my eyes and told Stacy to steal the pudding cups from the guard.

Later that night while we were at dinner, I was playing cards with the only nice girl there, Riley. "You look like you just saw a ghost what's wrong Riley?" I asked. She looked up and Bellamy was standing there, switch blade in hand. "Back off Belle," I said and shooed Riley away. "I'm not here for that pretty little thing," She said. "Shit," I said. The next thing I knew was I was on the ground pulling a switch blade out of my side. Guards surrounding me as Bellamy took off.

end of flashback

"Well I'm not interested in taking a trip down memory lane Belle, this time I know what to expect," I said. "I just want you to get me a date with someone," She said. "Who?" I asked. "I think his names Two-Bit," She said and Dally and I looked at eachother. "He's in my gang," I said. "Great!" She said. "I'm not gonna let you destroy him," I said. "Look I'm tryna make amends with people or whatever and he seems like a sweetheart," She said.

"Why did you have to make it seem like you'd kill me if I didn't do it then? doesn't seem like you've changed," I said. "I just wanted you to do it for me, I won't hurt ya, here's this call me when the date is arranged," She said and went to walk off. "Oh he's cute," She winked before she did.

"So how do you know her?" Dally asked as we continued walking. "She was the first person to talk to me at the girls home," I said. "Oh, you gonna get her the date with Two?" He asked. "Probably, she still scares the daylights out of me," I replied. "While I'm around she doesn't have to scare you I'll protect ya," He replied and I smirked.

We walked inside dingos and saw Steve and Evie. "Hi lovebirds," I said jokingly and they smiled. "Hey Spence, Dal," Steve said. "Hey man, how ya doin?" Dally asked. "Good, you?" Steve asked. "Good," Dally said. "Geez Spence if I didn't know better I'd think you'd seen a ghost," Evie said. "She could be shes so pale," I replied. "What?" Steve asked.

"Just ran into someone from the girls home who wants a date with Two," I said and they laughed as if it was a joke. "Be nice Two doesn't get many girls," I said sternly. "I hate to spoil the fun but I gotta get back to work," Evie said. "Alright good to see ya Eve," I said. We bid our goodbyes and went back to the house.

• • •

5:00

We were all eating dinner when the phone rang. I walked over and answered. "Hello?" I said. "Is the date set up yet?" Bellamys voice said. "I forgot I'll set it up now," I said and hung up. Dally gave me a look and I nodded. "Two-Bit I got a girl bugging me to go out with you," I said and he dropped his fork. "Who?" He asked. "Her names Bellamy, she was in the girls home," I said.

"Alright I'll take her out if she's hot," He said. "She's pale but I guess she's ok," I shrugged. I walked back over to the phone and put in her number. It rang for a minute and she answered. "What day?" I asked. "Tomorrow at 6 I'll be at your house," She said. "Two-Bit, tomorrow work at 6?" I yelled. "Yup!" He yelled back. "He'll be here," I said and hung up. I sat back down and everyone was staring at me.

"Ask your questions," I said. "You sound mad that Two is gonna go out with her why is that?" Ponyboy asked. "Because Bellamy isn't very trust worthy," I said. "So you don't trust her?" Soda asked. "Well when someone stabs you it's hard to trust them," I said. "Woah she's not gonna like stab me is she?" Two-Bit asked. "Make sure to do what she wants and she won't," I said.

"She'll kill me if you don't go though Two," I said. "I'll go," He said. "So she's the one that stabbed you?" Darry asked. "Yup," I said. "Why didn't you tell us I thought she was the one that was your friend?" Soda said. "She was that's why I didn't tell you," I said replied and took a bite of my food.

"No further questions your honor," Johnny said after we were all silent and we all laughed. "I wanna go to the park," I said. "Alright well I'm taking Pony and Johnny to the movies see y'all later," Dally said. To my surprise he leaned down and kissed me. I blushed and he walked out. "I-" "Dont make a joke out of that Two-Bit," I interrupted him. He put his hands up in defense.

2:00 am

I heard the door slam and I jumped up from Soda's shoulder. "Where the hell have you been do you know what time it is? Well it's 2 o'clock in the morning kiddo," Darry yelled at Ponyboy. "Hey Pony where ya been?" Soda and I asked in unison. "I fell asleep in the lot," He said. "You what?" Darry asked. "I was talking to Johnny and I fell asleep in the lot I didn't mean too," Pony said.

"Yeah! and I can't even call the cops cause you three would be thrown in homes so fast it would make your head spin," Darry yelled. "Come on Pony let's go to bed now," Soda said. "Dar drop it," I said. "Look I said I didn't mean too!" Pony replied. "I didn't mean too I forgot that's all I ever hear from you!" Darry yelled.

"Come on Darry!" Soda and I both said. "You both shut up! I'm sick and tired of you two sticking up for him! You hear me?" Darry yelled. "Don't you yell at them!" Pony yelled and the next thing I know was Darry yelling "Ponyboy I didn't mean too!" as I watched my kid brother run out. I went to go after him but Soda grabbed my arm. "Let him cool off," He said. "It's not safe Sodapop!" I yelled. "I know but it's even more unsafe for you," He said and I sat down on the couch hoping he would come home safe.

(word count: 1,258)