chapter four

a/n: blake and quinn, and their last name:)

Quinn Castell

Blake Castell

Blake Castell

spencer's pov

"Let's just go make sure he's ok," I said. "He's Dally he's fine," Two-Bit argued. "I'll buy you a beer if you come with me," I said. ".....Fine," He said. "Thank you," I said and dragged him outside with me. We walked to Bucks because Two-Bits car broke down. We're used to walking places anyway though.

We walked into Bucks and it was basically empty. I walked over to the bar and Buck looked up at me. "Where's Dal?" I asked. "Hello to you too Spencer," He replied. "Sorry, how are ya Buck?" I asked. "Good, Dally is either upstairs or out reeking havoc," He said. "Thanks, Two-Butt wants a beer and I said I'd buy him one," I said and he nodded and grabbed one.

I walked up the stairs and pet Bucks dog that was laying there. I went up and knocked on the door and there was no answer so I opened the door. "Shit, sorry Dal!" I said and closed the door as he was with some new broad.  I went back down the stairs and sat next to Two-Bit and asked Buck to get me a coke. He did and Two asked why I looked scarred. "He was with some broad I just saw them naked I'm gonna be a little scarred," I said.

Two just laughed. Dally and the girl walked down and she left while Dally sat next to me. "Sorry about that Spence," Dally said. "It's okay," I said staring at the wall. I hate thinking about him with other girls but he would never settle down enough for me so it doesn't matter. "Did you need something?" He asked. "No I just haven't seen or heard from you in two days wanted to make sure you weren't dead," I said. "Sorry 'bout that I've been a little busy," He said. "I noticed," I said accidentally sounding mad.

dallys pov

"I noticed," she said angrily. Is she mad at me for sleeping with that broad? I don't even know her name. "You aren't... mad are you?" I asked smirking. "What? no of course not," She said. "Sure man whatever you say," I said. I gave Two a look and he nodded and went to the bathroom. "So if you're not mad are you jealous?" I asked. "Why would I be jealous?" She asked taking another sip of her drink.

"I don't know man I sometimes get the feeling ya like me a little bit," I said. She turned to me and I couldn't read her expression. I had to admit I like her too, I only do these things to try and push my feelings away but it never seems to work. "Now what makes you think I like you Dallas Winston?" She asked with a nose scrunch. She is the cutest person ever. Cutest? God what is she doing to me.

"I don't know Spencer I just had a feeling," I said "Well it was wrong," She said. "Alright alright," I said. Two-Bit came back out and said he was leaving. Spencer paid Buck for their drinks and got up to follow. "Wait," I said and grabbed her arm. "Yeah?" She asked. "Wanna stay here? We can play pool or somethin," I said. "Alright but be prepared to lose Texas," She said. Texas?

spencer's pov

"That's a new one," He said. "Thought I'd try it out," I said and he smiled. We played pool for so long I didn't even realize when Darry and Soda walked in. I beat Dally once he beat me once and we've been on this game for hours now. "Where ya been Spence?" Darry asked. "Sorry I've been here all day," I said. "You should've told us," Soda said. "I'm sorry I thought Two would've told you he walked me here," I said. "It's okay, we're just gonna get some cokes then we can go home," Darry said.

"I wanna finish this game first," I said turning back to Dally. It took us 30 more minutes to finish the game and he won so I was pretending to be mad. "Oh come on it's just a game," He said and poked my side making me laugh. He smirked noticing I was ticklish there and started tickling me. "Stop!" I said laughing. "Dallas Tucker Winston put me down!!" I said through laughs. He finally put me down and we both laughed.

"I hate you," I said. "You love me," He replied. "Shut up," I said. "Okay Spence let's go," Darry said. "Okay fine," I said. "See you tomorrow," Dally said. "See you," I said and let go of his hand I didn't realize I was holding. We both locked eyes as I walked out and I melted inside. Nearly face planted too. "Clumsy," Soda said and I laughed. "Whoops," I said shrugging.

We drove home and I ate the dinner that was even left then watched tv with Soda and Ponyboy while Darry read the paper. "Hey Spence me and Darry had a question," Soda said pausing the tv. "What's up?" I asked. "Do you like Dally?" Darry asked. Well obviously. "What? no," I said. "Cause if you do, we don't want you to date him," Darry said ignoring my comment.

"Why?" I asked. "You'll just get hurt," Soda said. "You don't know that," I said. "I know Dally," Darry said. "So do I," I said. "I know him better than you though," He said. "I don't think that's true," Ponyboy said. "Thanks Pone, I think I know him better considering I'm with him the most," I said. "Ok well it's obvious you like him so just know we don't approve," Darry said.

"I didn't approve of Sandy but that didn't matter when Soda was dating her," I said. "That's different," Soda said. "Why? because I'm a girl?" I asked. "Well yeah," He said. "Wow thanks Sodapop, it's not like he likes me anyway but if he did you can't stop me from dating him," I said. "Spencer don't be stubborn," Darry said. "Darry if I get hurt it's my fault not yours or Soda's," I said.

"But if we let you then it is our fault," Darry said. "So it's our fault Soda got cheated on then too, but I don't care Darrel i'm a big girl I'll be fine," I said."Fine go to bed," Darry said. "Whatever, goodnight Ponyboy," I said and slammed my door.

(word count: 1,094)