chapter eight

spencer's pov

"Yeah but if they used lie detector tests then they'd get the right criminals," Ponyboy said. "I know Pone but you're starting to hurt my drop out brain with all your smarts," I said and he laughed. "Spence can I ask you something?" He asked and I nodded. "Does Darry hate me?" He asked. "What?! Pone Darry doesn't hate you at all!" I said and picked up our two plates and started clearing them in the sink.

"We just never stop arguing," He said. "Do you hate him?" I asked. "No he's my brother I love him," He said. "That's how Darry feels too I promise," I said. "Thanks Spence, I should probably go get Johnny and head to school," He said. "Hey maybe you should go down the street and see if Quinn wants to go with y'all," I said. "Okay mom," He said sarcastically and I laughed. "Bye Ponyboy," I said and he waved and walked out.

I was now home alone because Two-Bit decided to turn a new leaf and try to graduate high school or something. I don't even ask questions anymore. Dally is probably just asleep at Bucks. I finished the dishes and went and got ready for the day. Green flannel with a black pink floyd shirt and blue boyfriend jeans. I curled my hair and put on a small amount of makeup then went to get my shoes.

I looked in everyone's room and the living room and couldn't find them. I got down and looked under my bed when I felt someone's presence really close to me. "Looking for these?" The strong New York accent asked. "If you have had my shoes the passed 20 minutes I swear to god Dallas Winston," I said standing up. He handed me one of my black converse and I rolled my eyes. "Darry cleaned them they were outside when I got here," He said as I put them on.

"Fine," I said. "Where were you going anyway man?" He asked. "I was actually gonna go see you at Bucks," I said. "You missed me?" He asked. "No,"
I said. I tried to grab the other shoe he was holding and he moved it. "Give me my shoe," I said. "You have to pay," He said. "I'm not paying you for a shoe that's already mine," I said rolling my eyes. "Not money," He replied. "Then wha- ohhh," I said. "No," I said and grabbed his hand that had the shoe. "Give me my shoe Dally," I said.

"No can do little lady," He said. "Please," I said with an innocent smile. "No," He said. "Pleaseeee," I said and scrunched my nose. "That almost worked for a second," He said and I scoffed. I tried to pull the shoe away but he's much stronger than me and pulled me forward making me fall on him. "I don't like you," I said. "You love me," He replied. "Keep saying that and I actually won't like you," I stated sternly. "I'm so scared," He said sarcastically.

I went to get up but he pulled me back down. Our faces were inches apart and my breath hitched. "Glad I still have that affect on you doll," He said. "It's only been like 6 days since you found out you even had that affect," I replied. "I'll use it to my advantage then," He said and closed the gap between our lips. I kissed back and he dropped the shoe and put his hand on my cheek. I grabbed the shoe and jumped off him.

"That was just rude," He said. "You stole my shoe you deserved it," I said. "Softie," I added as I put the shoe on. "I am not soft!" He said and started tickling me. I started laughing. "Stop!" I said in-between laughs. He finally stopped and started looking from my eyes to my lips. That's all this man can think about isn't it? Me being bold I kissed him this time. After a few minutes Dally pulled away and said "Hey Sodapop," and I jumped up. Soda was standing there wide eyed.

"Pretend you didn't see anything," I said. "What'd I see?" He asked and went to his room. "I thought he was at work," Dally said. "I forgot my hat!" Soda yelled. I shrugged. "Sorry Pepsi," I said when he came back out. "Just don't let Darry catch you or he'd skin you both," He said and walked out with a smile. "We weren't gonna do anything," I said to the door he had just closed. "Let's go visit Evie at dingos," I said getting up. "We're always at dingos," He said.

"I'm hungry," I said. "Darry always makes you breakfast," He replied. "Shut up Texas," I said and punched his arm. "Ok fine come on," He said. We started walking and we're almost there when I heard someone yell at me. I turned around and froze. Bellamy.

Who's Bellamy? Find out in the next chapter;) I'll try to update again soon probably tomorrow! Stay gold!

(word count: 849)