F-4

Do Vote guys!!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Eat your lunch , alright", Maheen said to Adnan who gave her a bored look and replied,

"When have I not eaten my whole lunch"

"Apologies that I forgot you eat like a glutton"

Adnan stuck out his tongue at Maheen, the sign that there was still a child's soul in that body.

"Have a nice day,Peach", Maheen ruffled his hair and smiled at him.

"Only if you have the same", Adnan mirrored his mother's smile as he kissed her cheek and wrapped his arms around Maheen's neck, who was sitting on her knees infront of him ,in his School's campus.

"Hi Adnan!", A chirpy ,sweet voice cut in as Adnan smiled softly ,turning towards the owner of that voice.

Ela bounced on her feet ,her pigtails jumping up and down as she gave Adnan a toothed grin. Maheen glanced at her kid and was shocked to see him returning the grin to that girl as he waved at her enthusiastically.

How come I never thought that a freaking girl would bring the child out of MY child! Boys!!!

She glanced a little behind of Ela to watch her Uncle standing there, his hands in the pockets of his navy blue trousers as he sported a white sweater along with his black overcoat.

His eyes seemed to be trained on her too, as he smiled in acknowledgement ,his eyes assessing her figure that made her shiver even from the distance they had and the layers of clothing she wore.

"Mum, I think I should go. It's getting late.", Adnan's voice came urgently.

"Is it now? ", She teased him as he scowled at her. There there! That's my boy. Maheen thought as she clicked her tongue, "never thought you'd make such a good friend in one day"

"You wanted me to help her", he countered

"Hang on there boy! Don't put the blame of you being whipped by a girl on me!"

"Seriously mum", he looked at her as this time she stuck her tongue out at him.

By this time, she heard a chuckle, a deep throaty voice, and she knew that her cheeks were red, not from the cold but from embarrassment.

"Looks like you really are the man of your house, Adnan", Haadi spoke and realised his mistake as he saw Adnan go taut as he gripped his mother's hand.

"A friend, Adi. No need to go all warrior on him", she nudged him as she spoke as then turned towards the little girl, who couldn't stand straight for two minutes, bouncing on her toes.

Maheen ,still on her knees, smiled warmly at the child and said, " I didn't catch your beautiful name ,Kiddo"

Now, Haadi realised where Adnan got the charming quality of wooing someone of in their first meeting"

"Ela Riaz. I'm a....friend of Adnan", Ela spoke though hesitant as she thought that calling Adnan his friend was crossing some line.

"Mum, my friend Ela. ", Adnan smiled at Ela, as if confirming that they indeed were friends. Maheen was shocked as she saw how keenly her child studied people, their expressions.

"Well nice to meet you Ela. You're just like a princess as is your name.", She shook her little hand as the girl bounced again.

"Nice to meet you , Ms?", Ela frowned.

"Maheen. And no need for formalities Kiddo. Call me Maheen, infact you should call me Mahi. My nickname", Maheen winked at her as Ela beamed.

"You're so sweet Ms...uh sorry Mahi. It's a little difficult because you're elder than me you know", Ela said , scratching her neck.