5

(Not updated-grammatical errors might be there)

I can't breathe!!! What's happening???  Sami and I.... that's not possible...No it's a joke..  I must be dreaming!!
I shook my head to get all these thoughts out of my head.

"So, I was right by saying yes Mahi,right? You won't disrespect us by denying right?",my mother asked, her eyes hopeful.

Oh my ....... What have I gotten myself into

Gauging my mother's reaction, I slowly shook my head in a ........ Yes.

Seeing me ,she smiled and hugged me while my tears one by one started falling on my cheeks , my stomach twisting in a bad manner. Ya Allah , help me. Sooth my pain and Zaid's for if this is your plan for our lives than I'll accept it.

Breaking the hug,she looked at me crying and asked worried , "if you have no problem then why are you crying ?"

Trying to smile at my mother I said,
"Aree Mir sahab ki beghum, ab aap ki ladki kisi ki be..ghum ban..egi toh tujhe chod..hte hue...rona toh aaye..ga...na ,"
I spoke while stuttering at the end.

Listening to me, her eyes started to get moisten and she hugged me again. I closed my eyes trying to find peace in my mother's embrace but it seems as if peace has ripped out of my soul. I openey eyes to say something when I saw not far away, a figure standing hidden by the pillar with his head down. I gasped.

He knows.

Breaking the hug ,I told my mother,  "Mama I should go and check others. There is a lot of work to be done."

Saying this I didn't wait and ran in the direction Zaid went . After searching for a lot of time I saw him in the backyard, sitting under a tree with his head down.

I went near the tree and by the way his body stiffened, I know that he is aware of my presence. I went and sat on his right and I heard him, "So you and Sami huh?"

"Yeah", I said in a barely audible voice.

"Just one question. Why ? Why did you say yes?", He asked.

I closed my eyes and answered softly,
" You know there's a time in our life when people do everything to degrade you,make you feel less and you feel nobody understands you. But then someone comes and he becomes your shield , your savior. When people thought I am too independent ,a spoiled brat and according to them haath se nikal gyi hai, my mama didn't believe them . She had belief in her teachings that she taught. She knew her daughter wouldn't do something wrong. She fought from everyone for me. Never asked anything to me my whole life. This is the first time I saw her eyes hopeful, and asking me to do something she wanted. How could I ever deny the very first thing she asked me to do in my whole life."

He smiled, it pained him to but still he did," I hope you stay happy with....him. He is lucky to have you."

Saying this he went away . One tear fell from my eye and other and other until I was a crying mess.

"Mahi", I looked up to see Hashir standing there.

"What happened kiddo?" He asked gently.

"I'll tell you. Just please hold me for now.", I said and he didn't need to be told twice as his arms came around me and he hugged me tightly while I cried my heart out wetting his shirt.

                   ********************
It felt as if the my world has stopped. Everyone was busy running their chores and preparing for mehndi night while I felt like a ghost observing everyone running around me while I was stuck .