IT-5

It has been two days. Two longs days for Fariya since she didn't see the face of her best friend now more a kamina for her . Fahad didn't came to Alam Villa even once.

When Fariya had returned from her college two days before, she remembered asking about him after dinner but everyone told that he didn't come by to their house which was very odd for everyone. The next day she thought of going herself but got to know from his mother that he went with his father on a business trip to Delhi and would be returning after two or three days. Roofi Wajdan was worried and surprised that Fariya didn't knew about her son's whereabouts. It wasn't usual for them . They didn't fight too much so she asked if they had a fight but Fariya shook her head and smiled lightly which looked more like a cringe.

Roofi felt bad for the girl. Fahad can keep a secret from her or doesn't tell her something but it was rare of him to not tell Fariya about his whereabouts. She looked at Fariya and saw that the girl was looking pale and somewhat thin. She had eyebags. The usual energetic and cheerful girl was shadowed by a gloomy one.

She asked her a number of times if she was fine because she always had loved fariya like her own. Fariya didn't knew what to say so she just excused herself saying she had a headache .

It had been two painfully long and agonizing days for Fariya. Fahad didn't even call her once. It was as if he really was like a beautiful dream which ended as she opened her eyes. Having no contact with him, Fariya started overthinking. She hasn't given an answer for Zakariya's proposal but the hopeful eyes of him at breakfast would always break her heart.

Somewhere deep down she knew she'll decline . Because she realised something,she was infact in love with her kamina.

Last night she was balling and sobbing in her pillow when suddenly her mother walked in.

*Flashback*

Ramsha saw Fariya lying on her stomach as she was shivering. She moved towards her and yanked her hand from her face,which was covered in tears.

"Ya allah , fari...kya hogya mera baccha", Ramsha spoke in horror, looking at her daughter as she hugged her.

Fariya cried hard in her mother's embrace as she tried to speak between her sobs, "he...le...left...he left ammi."

"Who beta?"

"Fa..had", fariya managed to speak .

"But he'll come back. He went for two to three days only.", Ramsha replied back trying to stop her daughter from crying.

"No ...he left. He...he ...did.. didn't..call..me. ek...baar ..bhi"

"Busy hoga beta . Warna to wo call kar leta.", Ramsha tried to knock some sense in her daughter.

"Nhii...ap..sa..samjh nahi...rahi...Us..usne mujhe bola...wo nahi aayega..ammi
", fariya tried to explain but started crying again.

"Kya keh rahi ho Fari. Mujhe kuch nahi samjh aarha."

"Wo..wo usne bola mujhe ...coll..college mein...wo nahi...nahi aayega", Fariya replied back.

"Par kyu"

Fariya didn't knew how to tell her mother that her best friend confessed about loving her .

She tried to look anywhere other than her mother but Ramsha knew that her daughter was hesitating in telling her.

"Fariya. Tumhe pata hai. Ek maa se zyada acha dost ek beti ke liye koi nahi hota. Mujhe toh sab batati thi tum. Ab aaj kyu nahi bata rahi. Mujhe dost bulati ho tum na. Toh main tumhari dost hu. Maine aaj tak tumse koi baat nahi chupayi chaahe wo tumhare matlab ki ho ya nahi kyuki maine apni beti ko iss kabil samjha ki wo sab samjhegi. Ab tum mujhe kyu nahi bata rahi. Kyu darr rahi ho ki main tumhe nahi samjhugi. Main zarur samjhugi."