L O V E & P A I N

Start from the beginning

"That's great, Luna!" Annalise exclaimed.

"How are you and Malfoy?"

Annalise locked eyes with Luna, and for a fleeting moment, she saw sadness in her friend's eyes. "We are good.." she responded glumly, and hoping Luna won't judge her the way her friends did.

"I knew what happened, Annie.." Luna started with an air of concern and dejection. The blonde girl placed a hand over Annalise's shoulder and gave a reassuring smile. "But don't worry, you still got me. I don't think there is anything wrong with you dating Malfoy. I'm happy whenever you're happy."

Annalise stared at Luna, and internally thanked Merlin to have a very understanding friend. She knew well Luna was also bullied by Draco's cronies, she however, did not hold any grudge and instead accepted whatever change happened to people who have insulted her, which made Luna the best, unique friend Annalise has ever had.

"Thank you, Luna.." she mumbled, soon enough students start entering one by one, and Annalise acted as though she didn't saw Hermione entered the room, the bushy brown haired girl sat next to a fellow Ravenclaw girl at the very front row table, therefore making Annalise sigh in relief.

The examination took nearly fifty five minutes for Annalise, it was hard to rely only on knowledge without using number charts to explain answers, Nevertheless, she reckoned she did just fine.

The next half an hour, she tried her best in the Apparition Test, memorizing the three D's in her mind all while concentrating on the golden hoop near her foot while a professional examiner watched her. She eventually manage to apparate five minutes before the Apparition test ends, and was very much happy to tell Draco the news once Exams were over.

Potions examinations for her was curiously easy, long gone the anxiousness she felt during Potions-making, however, the only struggle she had was not to look at Ron and Harry, as they shared a table throughout the practical test.

~

Concurrently, while Annalise is struggling and jittering over her exams, Draco had never been overwrought with the imperturbability of his examinations, on the contrary, he found it rather tedious.

Relishing the moment of his alone time in his bedroom after examinations, (which was apparently too easy for him), he lifts his sleeve and checked his wristwatch.

A quarter after seven, Annalise would be here any moment. He thought.

He flicked his wand, all of his clothes, including a velvety black suit, dress shirt, blue silk necktie, and black formal pants, came to his hand. He lazily scrambled to his feet and leave the dormitory after writing a letter to Annalise saying she should take a rest first before changing.

He trudged the landing until he reaches Theodore's bedroom, without knocking he decided to enter, like he always does, and found Nott swinging a fancy robe over his coat.

"We have a door to knock, in case you forgot," Theodore said as he finished fixing his robe, he turned to look at himself at the vanity placed against the wall, and it was full of cosmetics. Draco stared at him and the vanity with perplexity as he shut the door close behind him. "I have a girl roommate, remember? So stop staring like that." Theodore snapped.

Draco only chuckled before dropping his clothes at the foot of Theodore's bedroom, he looked around and quirked an eyebrow. There was a coffee table separating the girl's four-poster and Theodore's, a vanity against the wall, a wide dresser next to it, a bathroom connected at the left-hand side, and drawing violations plastered around the white walls in between grey drapes that will surely get Theodore and his roommate in trouble.