W R A N G L E D U P

“Are you that close to him?”

“How is Adelaine fond of Malfoy, Annie?”

“Can you just answer us?”

“I thought you loathed that twat?”

“Do you like him?”

Those questions were repeatedly asked by Annalise's friends once they had boarded the train. They bombarded her with their assumptions that were untrue, and even made false accusations about her and Malfoy being secret lovers.

Annalise had to sent Adelaine away, and had her younger sister sitting with kids her age considering how much damage Adelaine unintentionally  caused.

She doesn't blame her younger sister, she just did not expect the kid to babble out everything.

The train ride was none other than exhausting, even Luna, Ginny and Neville who were absent during the accidental gathering at Honeydukes were questioning about everything, including Annalise's relationship with Malfoy.

It came to the point where Annalise casted a silencing spell on all of them to shut them up until they reach their destination.

When she passed by the jostling students on the stone corridors, Annalise found herself in deep water.

Her head throbbed painfully just thinking about what Malfoy said, and her friends', yammering did not help the matter.

She can't believe how foolish she was from thinking Malfoy was single. Of course he wasn't, a lot of girls are after him, he's a guy who has everything a girl needs, they treat him as though he wasn't a dime a dozen. Which he is.

Out of all the girls that fancies him, he chose the girl that was always right next to him, Pansy Parkinson.

His yule ball date, his closest friend and  companion since the day they've entered Hogwarts.

Annalise didn't expect for him to like her, but ― he was so different the past days that it was hard to believe he's been cheating.

What's worse is that Malfoy probably did all those lovey-dovey acts just so he can have her, use her for his pleasure, he was a man whore after all, that wasn't surprising.

They parted ways, Annalise's friends head to the Great Hall while she meander deep down the dungeons.

Soon enough she was trudging uncomfortably towards the Slytherin common room, with a heavy heart she mumbled the password to the stone wall. “Mimbulus Mimbletonia” she then enter with an empty feeling in her stomach.

She's only glad that the students are having a feast in the Great Hall, and she highly expect Malfoy would be there, it would give her plenty of time to mull things over and think about her life.

After seeing the Common room empty and silent, she faintly smile to herself. She took a minute to examine the glass wall that shows the amazing scenery of the Black Lake. The lake reflected green spectrums all around the common room, giving it a viridescent, cool complexion.

She can see merpeople swim by and sometimes exotic aquatic species. But not once did she saw the Giant Squid, if she sees it then she'll probably be joyful for the time being.

Alas, nothing. The Giant Squid never came.

She run up a flight of stairs to the boys' dormitories and pass the long halls until she reach Malfoy's room. She tried to think of whatever to say incase Malfoy was there, would she stay silent? Lash out on him? Hex him? Kill him?

No.

Stay silent. That's right. That's what she'll do, that's what she's good at. Stay silent and keep her anger at bay.