D E A N T H O M A S

Despite the thousand needles puncturing the heel of her feet and the side of her ankle, Annalise forced herself to walk a bit more faster.

Everyone had already left the classroom except for her and Professor Murray, and like always, she stays behind so she wouldn't have to deal with everyone jostling pass her.

She was already nearing the door when Professor Murray called her name.

Abruptly she turned around, feeling as though her ankle was going to dislocate despite being healed.

"Yes?" she faintly ask, swallowing the low hiss that wants to escape her mouth from the slight pain on her ankle.

Professor Murray move towards her and placed her wrinkly hand on Annalise's shoulder, giving a good firm squeeze.

"Has Mr. Malfoy been treating you good? Minerva has instructed me to check up on you, said you weren't really in good condition. I want to make sure he's not treating you like a garbage bin and if he does ― " She stopped briefly, snatching her wand from the wand holster around her arm.

"Well we can always hex him until he learns. I heard he has called you the filthy term ― I'm sure you know what I mean ― and I hope you didn't take it personally to heart" said the professor, voice lacing with concern.

Annalise once again, nearly snorted.

Take it to heart? She has been called that filthy slur by Malfoy so many times she's already customized to that terminology.

"He's doing..." she faltered, reminiscing the moment he had kissed her on the forehead. "...Fine" her paused had her recalling the way Snape dramatically talked.

Professor Murray removed her hand and shot her a pitiful smile "How about the activity? I assume he's helping you with it? I'm sorry ― I'm just concern about you. You're paired up with such a troublesome student, the most troublesome in fact"

Well you clearly know, so why did you paired me with him? Annalise sarcastically thought.

"He's a bit hardheaded, doesn't want me to teach him some muggle terminology, however, he's behaving decently than I thought. Everything's fine I suppose" said Annalise flatly.

She sincerely hope Professor Murray would let her go now, especially since she had agreed to meet Dean Thomas at the gates of the Entrance hall, leading to the clock courtyard in fifteen minutes.

"That's great. Remember when you need anything or if he's mistreating you, then just inform me" Professor Murray stated, raising her eyebrow to assure her.

Mistreating? Can a kiss in the forehead be considered as Mistreating? She wonder.

Annalise gave the professor a nod before dismissing herself.

She's glad the muggle studies teacher didn't bother asking her about why her left leg was limping, afterall, it wasn't because of Graham Montague who almost raped her, her sprained ankle was due to her clumsiness that night after Malfoy saved her.

She teetered over her silver platforms, causing her ankle to sprain, it was a relief her bones didn't dislocate.

She left the classroom instantly and down the grand staircase, which was the ultimate struggle for Annalise, with every step her left foot take, it felt as though she was on the edge of a knife, the sharp edge, but she endured.

As she got down a flight of stairs, there she saw Dean Thomas, waiting for her at the opened gates, in his black and scarlett Gryffindor robes, his back was facing her and he seemed to be surveying the skies as his head was slightly tilted back.