Aveline simpered, still staring at Margo. She dropped her eyes momentarily to steal another glance. "Vega is better than everyone," she whispered then turned her eyes to Margo, who was eating another isaw, her head lowered.

"Do you still remember Vega?" Margo looked at her. Aveline averted her gaze and watched the sky. "Yes. She's my favorite," Aveline answered, as if she was talking to the stars and smiling at them.

"Why do you like Vega?" Margo regarded her with curiosity.

"Of all the stars that I knew, Vega was the only one who loved a mortal. That's why she's my favorite," she tilted her head to another side and looked at those green eyes with a hopeful smile playing on her lips. Aveline avoided her gaze again and observed the stars once more. Her heartbeat was in a chaotic mood; it was beating louder with every glance at Margo.

"It's a legend, not all legends are true," Margo contradicted nonchalantly and resumed eating the isaw.

"So what? I don't care if it's a legend. I-I love Vega," Aveline asserted sternly.

"But it's not true—"

"Shh...don't say another word!" She quickly placed her index finger on Margo's lips. Both surprised, Aveline blushed, and Margo chuckled. "You act like a child," she quipped, making Aveline's face turn into an oven. Her usually brown cheeks had a rosiness to them, and it was cute. Aveline immediately removed her finger. Her embarrassment was momentarily rescued by the sounds of fireworks coming from the sky. Aveline gazed at the sky, hoping that the fireworks could grant her wishes. Then, she chose to lie down on the grass; Margo joined her.

Together, they watched the fireworks explode above; vivid colors ignited the black sky. Just a fraction of seconds later, the lights from the fireworks shattered the darkness, and the concert from the stage started to sing an acoustic melody. The summer breeze touched the leaves of the trees, and the branches danced in the air, along with the bursting of colorful lights in the sky.

"Will you stay with me tonight?" Margo asked while they were lying on the grass and watching the sky.

The question, so simple, yet it crushed her heart. "I-I can't..." Aveline took her courage to lie, even though her heart was starting to bleed. "Why?" Margo was unaware of the sadness in Aveline's voice.

"I-I'm busy," she bravely lied again.

"Are you busy with someone?" Margo glanced at her.

Aveline preferred not to turn to Margo; her chocolate eyes began to twitch. A tear was forming, but she chose not to let it fall. Not now, she implored her mind. "Y-yes." Aveline breathed deeply.

"Oh?" Margo replied curtly; she did not bother to ask why.

"I already have a pimp. You can no longer have me exclusively," another denial from Aveline, her heart bled with every word she uttered. A pang of hurt crept into her veins - a kind of sadness that further drowned her as it shattered every piece of her.

"I'll pay you more," Margo stated in her usual monotonous tone, oblivious to someone's pain.

Aveline bit her inner cheek, trying to hold back the tears that threatened to escape her eyes. Margo offered money again, and it was the only thing that mattered. Aveline would have preferred that every minute they had held no price or value, but that was wishful thinking again. Every touch had a price, and her existence had a value, and it was cheap.

Aveline pursed her lips firmly. "It's not about money." She could no longer hold back the tears. First, one small crystal bead broke from her right eye. She could feel the warmth, sliding down her cheek, and rolling off her chin. Aveline's lips curled when she stared at the stars.