Stefan gritted his teeth and filed that information in his mind. He will be sure to ask Elijah who those prick uniformed officers were. "Ryzel's really important to you, huh?"

Elijah smiled softly and nodded. "Yes. He has been with me since..." Elijah shook his head and forced a smile. "Um, you were saying earlier? About your friend, sir?"

Stefan did not push the topic about Elijah's past. They knew bits and pieces about Elijah's true identity, but they did not know what happened and how he got caught by two of the vilest creatures in the underground world. "As I was saying, I need your help. You see, my friend, Devon Slane, recently experienced a bad breakup."

Elijah gasped and his eyes widened in horror. "Oh no. That must be painful. Did he cry? Where did it hurt? Can I see him? Is he okay? According to those movies I watched with Ryzel, heartbreaks are so painful, to the point where they could lead you astray. Wait a minute, please don't tell me he tried jumping off a roof. If he did, bring me to him and I'll knock some sense into his brain. Killing yourself is a big no," Elijah finished with a huff, his arms folded in his chest.

Stefan's bewildered expression morphed into an amused one. He can even hear Grayson snicker on the side; both of them are extremely amused by the boy in front of them. So perfect for Devon. My friend won't know what hit him when he meets Elijah, Stefan thought.

"Well," Stefan snickered before he continued, "Devon did not go that far as to throw himself on the roof." Elijah nodded in appreciation and listened to him. "Rather, he was continuously drowning himself in alcohol. We're getting worried." Any person related to Devon and cares for Devon would get worried. Stefan was running out of ideas to help his dear friend until fate intervened and threw Elijah on Stefan's lap.

"Actually, you don't have to do much. Just be yourself when you see him. Just be yourself." Stefan is confident that Devon will fall for the innocent boy, unaware of the fact that Devon practically cursed the existence of innocent beans such as Elijah.

Elijah frowned and scratched his forehead. "Sir, that is so confusing. Aside from my nanny, Ryzel, grammie, and grandpops, only you and Mr. Gray did not get angry at me for asking too many questions. Are you sure he won't get angry at me? Your friend, I mean?"

Stefan shook his head. "Don't worry, Elijah. My friend is kind of dense sometimes, but he is kind. I promise you that. If he acts like a jerk when you see him, report to me immediately. I would flick his forehead."

Elijah's eyes turned wide and he giggled. "That will hurt so much, Sir. Getting flicked in the forehead. Oh my gosh," Elijah added with a snicker making Stefan and Grayson smile.

"Do you have other questions, Elijah? I can answer it now."

Elijah nodded. "Sir, can you explain how you are related to grammie and grandpops? By the way, where is your friend? What does he look like? Is he a grumpy monster? Because I don't deal with grumpy monsters," Elijah paused, pensive. "But, if he loves to eat cookies too, then I guess we can be friends. People who love cookies can't be that bad, right?" After that, Elijah rummaged on the paper bag and giggled happily when he took out a Tupperware of cookies made by his grammie.

Stefan let out a chuckle before answering Elijah's questions. "Actually, Amanda and Robert, your grammie and grandpops, are Devon's grandparents. Since I am friends with Devon, I actually treat the couple as my grandparents too. As for Devon, I think by now, he is talking with his grandparents." Elijah nodded and continued chomping on his cookies, looking so pleased.

"Devon is also tall like me. But because of his heartbreak, he is now a grumpy monster because he is hurt. I hope you'll be patient with him if you ever get to meet him. However, I think both of you have something in common; Devon also loves cookies, especially coffee-flavored ones." Stefan smiled with a nod when Elijah's eyes widened and bounced in his seat in appreciation. Another cookie monster like you, Devon.